Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 17:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hult 2012 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Poor but happy
Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Posts: 156
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 20:10
Couldn't help commenting on this thread. I received numerous calls from their Dubai office (strangely not a single email) and briefly considered Hult for a time. Be fully aware of what the degree can and cannot do for you. Check the accreditation, the usefulness of the alumni network and how they found employment despite there being no career department. It seems that many of the students are older candidates and its possible that they rely on their pre MBA networks heavily. Hult being relatively young could also explain that but still, it's nice to know how the school tries to maintain its connections to the alumni.

If you are cool with what Hult has to offer then go ahead. Personally, I didn't see the value for money in Hult because career services is such a vital part of what makes an MBA so valuable. I still believe that an MBA from a top 50 like Smeal, a part time MBA at top 20, or a Masters in finance/analytics is a stronger degree to have than a Hult MBA. Value for money, si?
_________________

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: Under the Californian sun
Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 22:40
Prudence wrote:
Couldn't help commenting on this thread. I received numerous calls from their Dubai office (strangely not a single email) and briefly considered Hult for a time. Be fully aware of what the degree can and cannot do for you. Check the accreditation, the usefulness of the alumni network and how they found employment despite there being no career department. It seems that many of the students are older candidates and its possible that they rely on their pre MBA networks heavily. Hult being relatively young could also explain that but still, it's nice to know how the school tries to maintain its connections to the alumni.

If you are cool with what Hult has to offer then go ahead. Personally, I didn't see the value for money in Hult because career services is such a vital part of what makes an MBA so valuable. I still believe that an MBA from a top 50 like Smeal, a part time MBA at top 20, or a Masters in finance/analytics is a stronger degree to have than a Hult MBA. Value for money, si?


I agree that the biggest problem with Hult's reputation is the fact it is out there for 8 years only. It is really hard to strong alumni network in such period, even though school is doing it best to keep people in touch. They've built social network for alumni, Alumni annual conference is organized every year etc...

However, school is doing its best to overcome this shortcoming. Each of the campuses (as far as I know) has a career services deparment, and they work hard to increase visibility of school and its students. Not an easy task, but taking in regard SF campus where I study, they are doing pretty well.

It is a hard decision. And when I came here I was lucky enough that lots of my friends from AIESEC knew about Hult. But the experience is unforgettable and I don't regret the decision to come here. On contrary, this has been an amazing learning and transformational experience. Ocassionaly I blog at mystudiesathult dot com, and I ll probably throw a couple of words regarding this problem soon.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 14:36
mbanovice wrote:
Hi All,

I got accepted into Hult SF campus and am deciding right now if I should make my deposit to reserve my place. Considering the huge amount of investment here, I was wondering if there are any alumni or thoughts out there that you can share regarding this school?

Thanks heaps!

x


I've spoken to a few alumni from Hult and have heard good things about it, and most importantly they have found good roles in M&A and are now managers in other fields. I'd imagine it may vary by campus. It's a new school and obviously doesn't have as many alumni as places which existed for 50+ years. That hardly means it's shady. It's not ranked by the Economist and FT for no reason, it's supposed to be decent.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 14:39
jaceran wrote:
mbanovice wrote:
Hi All,

I got accepted into Hult SF campus and am deciding right now if I should make my deposit to reserve my place. Considering the huge amount of investment here, I was wondering if there are any alumni or thoughts out there that you can share regarding this school?

Thanks heaps!

x


I've spoken to a few alumni from Hult and have heard good things about it, and most importantly they have found good roles in M&A and are now managers in other fields. I'd imagine it may vary by campus. It's a new school and obviously doesn't have as many alumni as places which existed for 50+ years. That hardly means it's shady. It's not ranked by the Economist and FT for no reason, it's supposed to be decent.


Hult is ranked by financial times as well as ET.
Please see the link http://www.hult.edu/en/about-hult/rankings/
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 15:31
Yep I know it's ranked by them, I think you've misread my sentence. But good to put the link here.

I think in the end it probably comes down to whether one wants to do a 2 year MBA or a 1 year (more of a European style). If it's the latter then it's not a bad option especially with its rotation centres and supposed returns through salary increases according to the Economist.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 15:39
jaceran wrote:
Yep I know it's ranked by them, I think you've misread my sentence. But good to put the link here.

I think in the end it probably comes down to whether one wants to do a 2 year MBA or a 1 year (more of a European style). If it's the latter then it's not a bad option especially with its rotation centres and supposed returns through salary increases according to the Economist.


I agree with you, Also Hult gives you global experience with international students in class.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2013, 21:25
Hey guys, is that possible to get back my deposit which i already paid it before? Actually, i paid it last year when i accepted for one year MBA but i could not join at that time due my sick and also now my mind is already changed in next couple of years i'll not pursue MBA in any other Uni. Please guys give me your advice on?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Hult Boston students experience [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 12:14
Here is experience shared by HULT Boston student with below profile

Name - R. Talari

GMAT score - 610

Total experience - 3.5 years

Education in computer scienice in IIT chennai

My experience at HULT
My experience at HULT has really been a learning experience, as I got to meet people from various nations across the world and various academic and working backgrounds as well. I remember some of the experiences I had with new subjects I had to learn such as Financial Accounting, Global Strategy, Return Driven Strategy and Global Strategy Valuation etc.
Accounting classes at first seemed so far away from my understanding, but as the classes proceeded and Professor Hancock was so witty and made us understand through examples. We also had to do so many exercise questions which turned out to be really rewarding at the end. I was also really amazed and encouraged that professor also came to take the classes despite his back injury.
Professor Deneffe was really a dynamic professor and I felt was street smart. He knew right from the first class, how students would think and always stressed on the readings we need to do. We learned so many tools to look at strategies in a business. He was also good, in terms of involving students in opening up and use them in a fun class activity which would teach a strategy concept at the end.
Return Driven Strategy and Global Strategy Valuation were elective courses taken by Professor Joel Litman. Even though it was towards the end of my M.B.A program at HULT, there were many things I had to unlearn and learn. The course itself was during the weekends, but professor's format was to make the students do a lot of pre course work, so that he could drive his insights and concepts in those four weekend classes.
Overall my experience at HULT has been positive and have made so many friends throughout this process of learning. Without the students, the professors and the staff, it would have been a really boring experience. Each of them have played a vital role in making this whole learning process an enjoyable experience.
Hult Boston students experience   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2013, 12:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts 1 HULT BOSTON 2012 - got an admit - CONFUSED --- HELP!!!!! hultboston2012 12 19 Nov 2011, 23:30
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Hult 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 23 Oct 2012, 11:36
Moved topic 1 Hult 2012 Applicants mjamiem 27 05 Aug 2011, 12:12
Sticky, new posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Hult 2014 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 1 24 Sep 2013, 00:42
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Hult 2012 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 28 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.