Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 01:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hult 2012 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 22:40
Prudence wrote:
Couldn't help commenting on this thread. I received numerous calls from their Dubai office (strangely not a single email) and briefly considered Hult for a time. Be fully aware of what the degree can and cannot do for you. Check the accreditation, the usefulness of the alumni network and how they found employment despite there being no career department. It seems that many of the students are older candidates and its possible that they rely on their pre MBA networks heavily. Hult being relatively young could also explain that but still, it's nice to know how the school tries to maintain its connections to the alumni.

If you are cool with what Hult has to offer then go ahead. Personally, I didn't see the value for money in Hult because career services is such a vital part of what makes an MBA so valuable. I still believe that an MBA from a top 50 like Smeal, a part time MBA at top 20, or a Masters in finance/analytics is a stronger degree to have than a Hult MBA. Value for money, si?

I agree that the biggest problem with Hult's reputation is the fact it is out there for 8 years only. It is really hard to strong alumni network in such period, even though school is doing it best to keep people in touch. They've built social network for alumni, Alumni annual conference is organized every year etc...

However, school is doing its best to overcome this shortcoming. Each of the campuses (as far as I know) has a career services deparment, and they work hard to increase visibility of school and its students. Not an easy task, but taking in regard SF campus where I study, they are doing pretty well.

It is a hard decision. And when I came here I was lucky enough that lots of my friends from AIESEC knew about Hult. But the experience is unforgettable and I don't regret the decision to come here. On contrary, this has been an amazing learning and transformational experience. Ocassionaly I blog at mystudiesathult dot com, and I ll probably throw a couple of words regarding this problem soon.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 14:36
mbanovice wrote:
Hi All,

I got accepted into Hult SF campus and am deciding right now if I should make my deposit to reserve my place. Considering the huge amount of investment here, I was wondering if there are any alumni or thoughts out there that you can share regarding this school?

Thanks heaps!

x

I've spoken to a few alumni from Hult and have heard good things about it, and most importantly they have found good roles in M&A and are now managers in other fields. I'd imagine it may vary by campus. It's a new school and obviously doesn't have as many alumni as places which existed for 50+ years. That hardly means it's shady. It's not ranked by the Economist and FT for no reason, it's supposed to be decent.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 15:31
Yep I know it's ranked by them, I think you've misread my sentence. But good to put the link here.

I think in the end it probably comes down to whether one wants to do a 2 year MBA or a 1 year (more of a European style). If it's the latter then it's not a bad option especially with its rotation centres and supposed returns through salary increases according to the Economist.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2013, 21:25
Hey guys, is that possible to get back my deposit which i already paid it before? Actually, i paid it last year when i accepted for one year MBA but i could not join at that time due my sick and also now my mind is already changed in next couple of years i'll not pursue MBA in any other Uni. Please guys give me your advice on?
Re: Hult 2012 Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2013, 21:25