Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 21:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 00:56
Ciao all,
I'm an Italian applicant for an MBA at Hult Business School in London. According to the programme on, the website the 1 year MBA is really exciting, also for soft skills education approach.
I asked for a place in 2014 MBA program but I felt scared once I read comments on Hult. Is there anybody who can kindly tell me If Hult's MBA is a really good choice. I mean, I don't want to waste time and money...
I read bad comments referring to 2008, 9, and 11 so I would like to have an updated opinion on that University.
I agree they have a stronge "sales force" but it can be comprehensible, what I am really focused on is the quality of education, professors and Hult's career service. Could anybody help me please?
Thank you
Francesco
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 221 [0], given: 54

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2014, 15:58
Expert's post
They've been spamming fake reviews on this site. Really unethical behavior on their part.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 16

Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2014, 16:50
mgg234 wrote:
They've been spamming fake reviews on this site. Really unethical behavior on their part.

That alone would steer me away from an MBA program.
Intern
Intern

Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 00:18
mgg234 wrote:

Thank you! Do you mean Hult? I ask you that because on this site I read a huge number of negative comments...Do you think it would be a bad choice an MBA at Hult? Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Francesco
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 01:24
Being a Londoner, I would suggest you look at alternatives. Hult really does not have any recognition here in London. Combine that with bad reviews and their aggressive marketing strategies, I would steer clear.

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V32
GMAT 3: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 4: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 73

Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2014, 19:55
I'd steer clear of HULT. This is exactly why we have b school rankings. Third party evaluation of the program helps people make informed choices. Look at USNEWS, FT or business week rankings. This will help you decide better. Schools like HULT figure very low on such rankings. Do go into depth and check out various parameters important to your goals from the MBA program

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2014, 16:18
I do remeber seeing Hult in a nice position in some US rank (don't remember which one). So rankings doesn't tell us everything. What I know about Hult is the following:

- when I started searching for a MBA last year I was really lost about any school program and visited Hult's website, which has a really nice layout, brochures and information. So I signed up for its newsletter. In the next day I received a call from someone at Hult (seriously) trying to convincing me to pay its application fee to guarantee a spot in the last round (seriously, again). Well, that was strange.
- after some months I discovered that someone I know went to hult. He finished his undergraduation and without any work experience was addmited there. Also, he didn't did the gmat, it wasn't necessary. I know him -- he's not a genious, philanthropic person or has a company that funded the school. So, he's approval was at least suspicious.
- last month I received another call from another person from Hult. This time he was trying to convince me to pre-paid my application to the 2015's intake, just to "guarantee" my spot. He said that the GMAT was not necessary too.

So, after all that, my opinion is that you, as a person who is giving importance to education quality, run from that b.school. Search some rankings, but also search this forum and another websites to understand better what makes a business school a really nice one. Watch out for every number you see in a b.school's brochure. Off course I'm not saying that everyone who has a hult mba isn't good (I believe there is a plenty of qualified peope there). I just recommend that you search for other (better) options.
Intern
Intern

Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices? [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 22:01
Big NO. it's expensive, bad quality of teaching and staffing, many unqualified candidates in class.
they only have MBA ranking and no other ranking in the school. so the only ranked program is MBA...
but all the other opportunities like your peers, environment, ROI are not considered...
I would rather go to a more traditional school and not waste that huge amount of money on a school that many people already don't like...

think twice... don't let anyone try to talk you into something you don't believe in.
Re: HULT BUSINESS SCHOOL: feedback or advices?   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2014, 22:01