Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:32

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I always miss on the primary purpose questions in RC, I

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

I always miss on the primary purpose questions in RC, I [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2009, 16:31
I always miss on the primary purpose questions in RC,
I narrow down to 2 choices , OA will be in that set of 2, but I will always end up choosing the wrong one.

Some of techniques I am trying to follow is re read the first sentence of the RC and last sentence of RC, keeping the answer choices in mind

pls suggest if you have any techniques or clues you look for to answer these questions.

Thanks in advance for the help
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Strategy for pimary purpose - pls advise [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2009, 10:23
Expert's post
Hi rrkan,

The Kaplan Method for reading comprehension, explained in our classroom courses and in our on-the-shelf books, recommends that you always figure out the author's purpose as you're reading, before you even get to the relevant question. Figuring out the purpose is much easier as you go into the passage than as you re-read it for the third time, and knowing the answer in advance can help you rule out those tempting wrong answer choices. Meanwhile, having the author's primary purpose can also help narrow down answer choices for some of the trickier Inference questions.

Best of luck with your studying!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: Strategy for pimary purpose - pls advise [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2009, 13:27
thanks for the advise
Re: Strategy for pimary purpose - pls advise   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2009, 13:27