Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 02:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 112

I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2010, 23:44
hi All
Never ever in my dreams I thought that I will write something of this sort...
I have not writen my GMAT as yet and its about a month away ...Oct 7 ... if I can put in the date as well ...
I am struggling and need your support..
To be honest I started preparing this May and made the common mistake of starting with OG ..
What I heard my friends that Verbal part is very tough and this where most of the people 'fail 'So I did the OG and then sometime later I joined GMAT club and I realised that I need to start from the scratch ... started with MGMAT .for SC and did about 250 SC questions . Now I am in a much better position..
CR -- started with accuracy of 80% .. dont know how .... but yes I guess the accuracy level now is abt 85 -90%

RC -- I thought I am strong at it ...but realised it is not the case ...did about 60-070 RC I guess ....again in a good position now ...

Now the problem area quants : I heard quants portion is very easy .. I picked up quants in the second week of August .... started off with OG ... realised that I need to go back to basics .. I am not an engineer but a Chartered Accountant ( equivalent to CPA or CIMA graduates -- just clarifiying so that everybody understands )
so I have not studied maths in last 8 - 9 years...somehow I have realised that I need to be pretty strong at qunats if I have to break the 700 barrier. .If I compare the quality of question in OG Vs question posted in GMAT club I realise that I have a mountain to climb before the exam ....
Not sure if it has happenned to anybody or not .but I feel that I donot have time because I am not sure whether I will be able to stich in all the lose ends .. whenever I study I feel like I am a boxer in the ring but whose ( i know whose doesnot refer back to boxer :) hands has been tied behind his back ....

But at the same time I must tell you I am not the one who will quit ... I will fight till the end and I WILL WIN.....

come on guys !!! .... let get into a huddle , join hands and knockout this GMAT ....

the reason of writing this is that I have just moved to a new city with ( my wife as I change job ) so I have no friends here except my virtual GMAT club friends ...

I am tired but the fight is on...
.COME ON !!! ..

thanx for reading this ...I wanted to recharge and motivate myself ....

regards

gaurav
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 175

Kudos [?]: 890 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 00:01
You have more than one month and your verbal is good as per your accuracy.
So you should keep this level of verbal by revising concepts and practicing some questions daily.

Regarding quant buy Mgmat Number prop and inequality book as these two are most imp topics in quant.
Do geometry and algebra from any Indian high school book.

Keep yourself motivated and do not lose confidence. In 35 days you surely improve.

check this out : gmat-math-book-87417.html
This gmat math book is really good and you will certainly improve after reading this.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.86
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 86

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 00:11
This post received
KUDOS
Hey for quant: go through Manhattan Number Properties and Word problems book. and do other theory stuff from any high school book,googling or preferably CAT(Common Admission Test) booklet.

First thing first...check the math topics to be covered from OG12 math review section. Don't waste your valuable time on quant topics which are not tested on GMAT.

and don't forget to give gmatclub tests and manhattan tests. They have hardest math probs by doing them you'll feel ease in real gmat quant thing.

All the best. You'll surely get success. Perform like a ROCKSTAR.

give me at least 1 KUDOS ;) if you find the post useful.

Last edited by PranavChamp on 27 Aug 2010, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 890 [1] , given: 235

Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 00:13
This post received
KUDOS
PranavChamp wrote:

FYI only one KUDOS is allowed per post.

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.86
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 86

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 00:20
This post received
KUDOS
that's why blinking smiley is added. :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 53

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 01:23
This post received
KUDOS
gauravnagpal,

Don't worry too much. Try and spend two hours everyday and some more time on weekends. In 35 days you'll manage to clock 100 hours. That should definitely help you get a good score.

But do spend at two hours day. Keep going through the OGs and the books mentioned by gurpreetsingh and pranavchamp.

We are all there to motivate you and you'll have to motivate us too when we are down :-D . That's what the GMAT Club is for.

All the best.

If you like my post please click +1 kudos on my profile - Thank you!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Losing Motivation? Michael Jordan | Nick Vujicic | Adversity
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 02:06
PranavChamp wrote:
Hey for quant: go through Manhattan Number Properties and Word problems book. and do other theory stuff from any high school book,googling or preferably CAT(Common Admission Test) booklet.

First thing first...check the math topics to be covered from OG12 math review section. Don't waste your valuable time on quant topics which are not tested on GMAT.

and don't forget to give gmatclub tests and manhattan tests. They have hardest math probs by doing them you'll feel ease in real gmat quant thing.

All the best. You'll surely get success. Perform like a ROCKSTAR.

thanx guys ...
Now ( misplaced modifier/word -- I know ) gurpreet I know u will punch me hard if I tell you that I have covered Number properties ... Kaplan Live Online and Most of the stuff from GMAT club Maths...book...but when it comes to solving question posted in GMAT club I fail miserably ... I know there is no short cut but to Practise ....and I am doing whatever I can ...trust me ...
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 890 [0], given: 235

Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 02:11
Gaurav,

I have done Mgmat Sc 2 times and OG12 Sc one time and still I m not confident. We all have certain weaknesses which we have to improve and sometimes it takes a lot time. For you its quant, for me its verbal.

We have 2 options: Either quit or fight. The best way is to fight. So keep fighting.

Gmat test review :

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 02:30
yes I will fight ......

I will WIN ..

cheers !!

Jai Mata Di - Lets Rock ..

(I some how just love this line --- what a combo of words )
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 4.6 years Exp IT prof
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 36

Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 09:13
Best of Luck Bro
I am with you let me know if I can be of any help as far as Quants is concerned but for Verbal I would require some help....!!!!

I will give a Fight till the End

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."
- Bernard Edmonds

A person who is afraid of Failure can never succeed -- Amneet Padda

Don't Forget to give the KUDOS

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 454 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 10:54
Oh yeah!! I am about to discuss an issue with a Chartered Accountant without a reference of IFRS!!! :)

Its decision time bro!! You have two choices
-You can rely on your assumptions about your preparation or
-You can jump in the sea & have a real test.

What I assume from your given info is that yo havn't taken a CAT yet?? Is that correct? How can you decide that your Q is going bad without taking an actual CAT? IMHO, you should make a clear plan as you have still 40 days to go. Just finish your preparation with whatever stuff you have & jump in the CAT world. If some bad thoughts are hitting your mind, just take a free CAT from MGMAT & dont be disturbed after seeing a poor score (if any). Normally students are not ready for a CAT & dont perform good in initial CATs. I hope if you will do a number of CATs in the last month of your preparation, you will come in rythem!!

Best of luck & keep us posted!!

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Re: I am a struggling : tired and want support from my friends   [#permalink] 27 Aug 2010, 10:54