8. With which of the following statements regarding the behavior of large firms in industrialized societies would the author be most likely to agree?
(A) The directors of large firms will continue to anticipate the demand for products.-this is the answer
(B) The directors of large firms are less interested in achieving a predictable level of profit than in achieving a large profit.
- this cannot be possible.
(C) The directors of large firms will strive to reduce the costs of their products.
- No because - "Each large firm will thus AVOID significant price-cutting, because price-cutting would be prejudicial to the common interest in a stable demand for products"
(D) Many directors of large firms believe that the government should establish the prices that will be charged for products.
- NO actually consumer does set prices
(E) Many directors of large firms believe that the price charged for products is likely to increase annually.
-- No intention is mentioned in passage
9. In the passage, the author is primarily concerned with
(A) predicting the consequences of a practice
- author is never analyzing consequences rather he is merely stating the FACT - what happens in US and in non-socialist countries
(B) criticizing a point of view- answer
(C) calling attention to recent discoveries
(D) proposing a topic for research
(E) summarizing conflicting opinions
C,D and E are straight out. nothing is mentioned about discoveries, research or opinions.
If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space