Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am devastated by my GMAT - 650

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 76 [1] , given: 0

I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 16:12
This post received
KUDOS
MGMAT1 700 - Q49 V36
MGMAT2 730 - Q51 V38 - Taken 3/24/10
MGMAT3 710 - Q50 V36 - Taken 3/30/10
MGMAT4 700 - Q49 V36 - Taken 3/31/10 (Got Q49, However, it was my best performance on MGMAT).
GMAT CAT2 (Old Version) - 730 Q51 V38
GMAT CAT1 (New Version - 2nd attempt) - 730 Q50 V40
GMAT CAT2 (New Version) Q51 V40 - 740 taken on 4/8/10
MGMAT 5 - Q51 V40 - 740.
Manhattan6 - Q51 V45 - 780 (timed) - taken on 4/9/10
I have lost all my confidence after I saw my official score today , but I need to take the GMAT again as soon as possible.
I got Q49 V29 - 650.

I think I was not applying myself into test especially in the verbal section.

I am broken today, and I am not sure what I need to do. I think I did poor in RC and CR.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 19:44
sorry about your score - did you have a good night sleep and how was your mood during the test? It seems your CATs are pretty consistent so it is hard to tell where in verbal you got wrong until you get the score report in 3 weeks. i guess you can wait till your get the records back to reschedule...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 16

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 19:58
Did you finish your verbal section on time? Did you do your practice exams under timed conditions?

I would concentrate on just verbal for the next month and retake it. (I think you have to wait 30 days before you can take it again).

If you like my post, a kudos is always appreciated ;)

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 0

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 20:56
shaselai wrote:
sorry about your score - did you have a good night sleep and how was your mood during the test? It seems your CATs are pretty consistent so it is hard to tell where in verbal you got wrong until you get the score report in 3 weeks. i guess you can wait till your get the records back to reschedule...

Now I think I was feeling a little easy during verbal. I ended up finishing Verbal few secs before the time. Probably, I did not cross check my CR answer before I submitted my answer.
Do you know the official report provides the detailed report, containing how many you got right/wrong for each type of question?
Manager
Manager

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 21:00
firasath wrote:
Did you finish your verbal section on time? Did you do your practice exams under timed conditions?

I would concentrate on just verbal for the next month and retake it. (I think you have to wait 30 days before you can take it again).

Yes I did, and I also took all my test in timed condition except first 4 Manhattan tests.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2231

Kudos [?]: 8352 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 21:01
Expert's post
xyztroy wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Now I think I was feeling a little easy during verbal. I ended up finishing Verbal few secs before the time. Probably, I did not cross check my CR answer before I submitted my answer.
Do you know the official report provides the detailed report, containing how many you got right/wrong for each type of question?

Sorry but you will never know how many questions you missed. For V29, probably quite a few.
This is very surprising taken into consideration your scores. 650 is not a bad score but definitely not the best application of your skills and indicator of your performance. A glitch???

By the way - Knewton will pay you $100 for taking their practice test if you want to get a consolation prize (you must take it within 7 days of your gmat)
get-paid-100-to-take-a-gmat-practice-test-conditions-apply-92414.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 21:03
If there's anything I've learned from this site, it is to not give up too easily. Seeing your scores on your practice tests, I know you can do better on verbal (there's absolutely no reason that you don't). There's always the possibility that luck got on the bad side of you on D-day since I'm a firm believer that luck plays a role in GMAT (as well as anything else in life). Make sure you go back and focus on the Verbal section. It seems to me that you have a full grasp of the math already (I'm more than jealous of that). Make sure you do some more CAT under timed condition. Treat each test as if there's no tomorrow and as if it were the real deal. Good luck!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 05:06
the gmat report doesnt give you how many ques you get wrong but it does give you a percentage breakdown of your verbal sections so you can see if you were right on CR/RC being the weakest link. i took mine on saturday and just got an email for score report so you should be getting one soon i guess. Since you took it in april you got 3 weeks to prep up if you want to take it asap in may.

Manager
Manager

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 05:53
shaselai wrote:
the gmat report doesnt give you how many ques you get wrong but it does give you a percentage breakdown of your verbal sections so you can see if you were right on CR/RC being the weakest link. i took mine on saturday and just got an email for score report so you should be getting one soon i guess. Since you took it in april you got 3 weeks to prep up if you want to take it asap in may.

Do you mean that I can retake GMAT May 1st or later?
GMAT retake policy says the following: "You may take the GMAT exam once every 31 calendar days"?

I thought I can retake it only after May 13th, because I took it on Apr 12th?
Current Student

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 06:08
xyztroy wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Do you mean that I can retake GMAT May 1st or later?
GMAT retake policy says the following: "You may take the GMAT exam once every 31 calendar days"?

I thought I can retake it only after May 13th, because I took it on Apr 12th?

hmm maybe you are right. i had the impression that it meant "once a month" which would make sense if they put up new questions every month. maybe someone else might know..

Manager
Manager

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 20:46
To All,

The story did not end after my first attempt. I improved my GMAT score in my second attempt (in May 2010) enough to be able to apply in Indian B Schools.

As soon as I finish this note, I am going to work on my next submission of IIMA, due on monday.
It is fun being in the college again....We had 4 surprise quizes this week....but we got a long weekend (Sat+Sun) after 3 long weeks in a row...

Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 19

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 14 May 2011, 17:46
xyztroy wrote:
To All,

The story did not end after my first attempt. I improved my GMAT score in my second attempt (in May 2010) enough to be able to apply in Indian B Schools.

As soon as I finish this note, I am going to work on my next submission of IIMA, due on monday.
It is fun being in the college again....We had 4 surprise quizes this week....but we got a long weekend (Sat+Sun) after 3 long weeks in a row...

Cheers,

Congratulations xyztroy! How much did you score in your 2nd attempt? Are you in 1 yr executive program or 2 yr program in IIMA? The reason I am interested is that I will be applying for 1 yr executive program at IIMA for 2012. I am scheduled to take GMAT on this May 24th. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 14 May 2011, 22:04
You seem to have a similar experience you to mine. I got a 710 on my last score in GMAT 1 and 2. I ended up with a 650. Nothing much you can do except, try again with a stronger focus. Good Luck!

Sometimes energy drainage towards the verbal section takes a toll as well. So stay focused and dont get pulled into a web of distraction in verbal.
Manager
Manager

Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650 [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 01:40
mourinhogmat1 wrote:
You seem to have a similar experience you to mine. I got a 710 on my last score in GMAT 1 and 2. I ended up with a 650. Nothing much you can do except, try again with a stronger focus. Good Luck!

Sometimes energy drainage towards the verbal section takes a toll as well. So stay focused and dont get pulled into a web of distraction in verbal.

I am not sure whether you read the complete thread!! I am done with GMAT.....have joined IIMA
Re: I am devastated by my GMAT - 650   [#permalink] 16 May 2011, 01:40