Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am DONE! I conquered it!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I am DONE! I conquered it!!! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 10:36
I wanted to say thank you to GMAT club for existing. Without it I wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn from all those math geniuses out there!!!

Anyway, story goes, I took the GMAT in October, scored 530 (Q21, V77). Retook the GMAT in November after purchasing the OG 11th ed, scored a 550 (Q24, V85).

I took the GMAT this morning and scored a 650!!!!! (Q74, V81)

Considering my struggles with the quant in the last two tests, and the thought that I'd never crack 600, I am tremendously satisfied with my score and proud to say that I will never take this test again! (that is, of course, if I fail to get into a program within the next 5 years). I have conquered it in my own personal way.

Thanks again for all the math questions, not judging me when I answered so many questions wrong, and when I asked really dumb questions...

:thanks

:done
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 10:38
Congratulations :) 650 is a good score

Good luck with the apps process.

Can you please share the test experience? Types of questions etc.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 10:39
I should add that I took this at a Pearson Center. The marker was like a super fine sharpie (the smallest tip), and the spiral bound graph paper was plenty for the essays and the math sections, and probably enough for any jotting you'd do during Verbal (I don't make any notes during that section)...

I thought the AWA questions were about medium in difficulty. I had a hard time coming up with a way to structure the analysis of an argument section, but a fairly easy time thinking of examples for use the analysis of an issue.

Quant - I have mixed feelings about this. I felt most we OG style of questions, but I felt like I saw more questions like "is n an even number", or "what is the minimum value of n so that...." etc. I didn't feel like I saw too many straightforward problem solving questions.

Verbal - started with a long series of SC, followed by Reading Comprehension. I believe in all I had 3 or 4 Reading comprehension passages, but a couple were only 2 paragraphs long or so. Questions we're too far from what you'd see in OG. I didn't feel like I saw too many CR questions, but I got two that were along the lines of "the parts in bold represent which of the following...Part 1 draws a conclusion; part 2 is evidence to support the conculsion", etc. I found those somewhat difficult. I also had two where I had to fill in the blank at the end of the CR statement.

Also, I got 10 minute breaks, instead of 5. Maybe they've changed the length of the breaks this year?
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 10:48
Way to go buddy!! Great improvement.

Congrats. Good luck for your apps!

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 14:55
You are one happy person on earth today. Congratulations and hope you have a nice apping.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 14:57
:shock: improvement!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats again!!!!!!

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 17:24
Good job buddy..
Everyone this years seems to get 10 min break...Seems like the pattern has changed.

Did you guys also noticed that the Quant score are not that high this year...??
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 143 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2006, 23:33
Great job !! And you're the second person I read who took the test at a Person vue center but was scratch paper instead of white boards... interesting...
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2006, 05:41
ywilfred, actually, the stuff I had was laminated. But it was laminated graph paper...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 143 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2006, 05:54
That's their "white board". From what I read, it's laminated grid paper. Maybe you would like to post your experience with using this white-board and marker since most members have not got anything to do with Pearson yet. :wink:
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2006, 07:45
ywilfred-I'd be happy to share.

The paper was larger than 8.5x11, but smaller than 11x17. It was about 4 or 5 sheets of this laminated yellow grid paper, spiral bound.
The marker was similar to a fine-tipped sharpie. I was a bit worried I smear it all over the place but I didn't experience that at all. It dried quickly. It was not erasable I don't believe (I didn't try).
I found that the width of the tip was okay, but since I was writing on a slick surface my handwriting was a bit sloppier than normal.

I felt there was plenty of space-and I even write large. Additionally, the grid actually helped me in drawing out some of the geometry/graph questions...

I wouldn't be worried about using this new "scratch paper" at all. Most people will be fine with it.

-Ashley
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2006, 13:53
That's a good score! Congrats!
It is also good to note that you are happy with the score. That's most importrant!
Good Luck with the apps!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2006, 22:31
Congrats stretchad!!! Good luck for your application! :flower

BTW, could you tell me more about this? Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Verbal - started with a long series of SC, followed by Reading Comprehension. I believe in all I had 3 or 4 Reading comprehension passages, but a couple were only 2 paragraphs long or so. Questions we're too far from what you'd see in OG. I didn't feel like I saw too many CR questions, but I got two that were along the lines of "the parts in bold represent which of the following...Part 1 draws a conclusion; part 2 is evidence to support the conculsion", etc. I found those somewhat difficult. I also had two where I had to fill in the blank at the end of the CR statement.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2006, 05:41
NguyenDuyTan wrote:
Congrats stretchad!!! Good luck for your application! :flower

BTW, could you tell me more about this? Thanks a lot.

Quote:

Oops that was a typo in my original statement. It should be "...weren't too far from..."

Sorry about that!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2006, 09:19
Congrats!! Good luck for your application :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User