Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am drowning. Send me an SOS......

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 430 Q26 V23
GPA: 3.34
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 07:23
I am losing my motivation to study for the GMAT as well as going to top business school. I dont know what is happenning to me. Can you guys drop me some motivation and may be why business school may do the "trick".... I have stopped studying for close to two weeks now after my poor performance on the GMAT late last month.

Rescue me before I become "ghost"..........need help.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 379 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 09:40
There is no trick, there is no magic pill.

You are your own worst enemy and you must overcome this. If you can't muster the dedication to self study, I recommend taking a class.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 10:18
This post received
KUDOS
Think of the GMAT as a sexy but hard to please woman.

She's not going to put out to every Tom, Dick, or Harry that comes her way. Most guys want to get her in bed with minimal fuss, and end up failing spectacularly. She can be cruel when she chooses to be making you feel like the biggest idiot on the planet. Yeah, occasionally her defenses comes down and she lets a guy get lucky with minimal effort on his part, but that's only for the truly fortunate or gifted.

You have to spend time and money. Buy her flowers, compose poems. Think up romantic gestures. You also have to woo her with long phone conversations, drive her around, listen to her hopes and aspirations, buy her cosmetics and those must-have six hundred dollar pumps. She's going to be the first thing you think about when you wake up, and the last thing on your mind before you go to sleep. Sometimes she may even be in your dreams. Sure, it may seem to be a huge pain in the ass, but you're buoyed by the potential rewards to come.

After three months of hard-work (those less adept at charming the ladies can take 6 months or even more), the day finally comes. She allows you to take off the buttons of her dress with an inviting smile on her face. But be careful, the lady does not appreciate poor performance on the actual deed. If you're too nervous, the climax may come prematurely and she'll judge you harshly. Maybe the lady will give you another shot to redeem yourself after a month, but you better make sure to correct your deficiencies or it'll come to the same sorry end.

Once you do please her, she'll introduce you to her circle of influential friends, and then its life on easy street.

Cheers!
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 16:05
openbox1 wrote:

She's not going to put out to every Tom, Dick, or Harry that comes her way. Most guys want to get her in bed with minimal fuss, and end up failing spectacularly. She can be cruel when she chooses to be making you feel like the biggest idiot on the planet. Yeah, occasionally her defenses comes down and she lets a guy get lucky with minimal effort on his part, but that's only for the truly fortunate or gifted.

You have to spend time and money. Buy her flowers, compose poems. Think up romantic gestures. You also have to woo her with long phone conversations, drive her around, listen to her hopes and aspirations, buy her cosmetics and those must-have six hundred dollar pumps. She's going to be the first thing you think about when you wake up, and the last thing on your mind before you go to sleep. Sometimes she may even be in your dreams. Sure, it may seem to be a huge pain in the ass, but you're buoyed by the potential rewards to come.

After three months of hard-work (those less adept at charming the ladies can take 6 months or even more), the day finally comes. She allows you to take off the buttons of her dress with an inviting smile on her face. But be careful, the lady does not appreciate poor performance on the actual deed. If you're too nervous, the climax may come prematurely and she'll judge you harshly. Maybe the lady will give you another shot to redeem yourself after a month, but you better make sure to correct your deficiencies or it'll come to the same sorry end.

Once you do please her, she'll introduce you to her circle of influential friends, and then its life on easy street.

Cheers!

I kind of understood this, but have a differing opinion to your conclusion, which is (verbatim)

"Once you do please her, she'll introduce you to her circle of influential friends, and then its life on easy street."

-----o trust me, it won't be life on easy street. Once you conquer "her", there will be many more to conquer before it's life on easy street.

Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 71

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 11:32
openbox1 wrote:

Cheers!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 430 Q26 V23
GPA: 3.34
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 14:43
Thank you guys especially to openbox1. I am really grateful. I started feeling better before I could even finish reading your post. You breathed life into my dying affair with the GMAT. I will start prepping again from tommorow. Thank you, thank you , thank you
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 71

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 20:21
lordzilla wrote:
Thank you guys especially to openbox1. I am really grateful. I started feeling better before I could even finish reading your post. You breathed life into my dying affair with the GMAT. I will start prepping again from tommorow. Thank you, thank you , thank you

look at it this way buddy, you got the same score i did when i took it the first time. so if you're following me, you gotta be doing something right :wink:

Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 51

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 21:09
wow. what a stupid analogy this is.gmat is a hard to please women :-D

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Last edited by garimavyas on 17 Aug 2011, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS...... [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 21:32
openbox1 wrote:

Cheers!

hahah nice one.,.... i liked ur analogy.. Although i wish to add more with reference to the climax and giving more practice tests ( i hope u get the wind) - to cheer up our dear frnd lordzilla, im refraining myself from posting it since this is a public forum and i wouldnt want to offend anybody with my slapstick comedy !!
Re: I am drowning. Send me an SOS......   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2011, 21:32