Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am finally done from 660 to

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

I am finally done from 660 to [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 19:45
.........Yesss I am part of the 700 club too. but just about! gave the test for the second time and got the result
Q: 49, V: 35 Total: 700 (92%)
I will give a debrief soon ...I am more relieved than anything else...but considering my schools of choice (Columbia, MIT, Kellogg, Michigan), I think I am ok with this score as this score may not factor in filtering me out. Also I am an Indian from the non-IT field. I am a biomedical researcher and hopefully that adds a little bit of diversity to my portfolio...........still a lot of work to do but I am aiming for Fall 08 so I guess i have some time..
Finally, I cannot thank GMATCLUB and its wonderful members enough......You guys rock..and I hope to be sticking around for as long as I can.
On the sad part, my verbal improved just 1 point from my previous test which came as a shock to me :( as made notable improvements and scored 40 and 42 in my two GMAT Preps...But again, as I said.....I am fine as long as there is a 7 in the hundred's place....
:lol:

UPDATED: AWA: 4.5 , I thought I blew it away and ended up with egg on my face. Guys, does the awa affect my overall reflection of the score in any way? Please advise

Last edited by vij101 on 31 May 2007, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 20:18
Congratulations !!! :beer

Regards

Subhen

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 26 May 2007, 08:38
Here is my debrief:

Took my first GMAT in Aug 2006- scored a reasonable 660- neither good nor bad.
Spoke with a lot of people including GMATCLUBBERS and decided to retake as my target schools were among top 10. My aim was to make more than 700 and concentrate extremely hard on the apps. Well, I could now say I did the first part exactly..... :wink:
I knew verbal was always my weak part becoz 1) I am a non-native speaker and 2) I am highly impatient when it comes to RCs
I decide to beef up my verbal and also at the same time keep my math skills at the same levels. I bought the GMAX online course, which helped a lot in gaining my confidence back and a better understanding of math and verbal concepts. The Manhattan GMAT SC is extremely well structured and many ppl have commented about its effectiveness and I will just concur and leave it at that.
As I studied in the midst of my work, I made definite improvements in verbal in that my hit rate improved pretty well. I was confident that I can make an improvement of atleast 4-5 points from my previous 34 in verbal.
The other materials I refered for verbal were most entirely from our forum.
My Math skills were kept intact by practicing the challenges...they are tough and they keep you tough ...
and finally...exam day.
I was not so stressed as I was confident I will make the 700 barrier. The AWA section was an excellent icebreaker and I wrote the two essays without much of a problem.After completing the essays up to my satisfaction, I told myself to keep my focus and avoid the silly mistakes . the Q section was basically a breeze until the 20th Q or so when some toughies came out..I realized at that point I will be getting around 48 or more. I took the break and started the verbal section. It was goiing on well and it was the RCs that came around the 14 or 15th question that got me off track. Those were extremely dry and severly tested my patience. I might have lost out a bit in there that was reflected in my verbal score.
All in all, I ended up with a 49 Q and 35 V for a 700 (92%), and I was relived and actually a bit happy too now that my dreams of making it to a top school still remains.......
My advice to you all who are trying to break the 700 barrier: BELIEVE and PERSIST. you will definitely get there and if you can keep your concentration for nearly 4 hrs, you can score even more.
All the best guys.........
:-D
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 May 2007, 17:52
Congrats vij101! Good luck on your applications!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 28 May 2007, 09:54
congrats for your achievement.So what are your qualification?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 28 May 2007, 12:16
arian75 wrote:
congrats for your achievement.So what are your qualification?

Arian,
here is my profile
Undergrad GPA: 3.8
Grad GPA: 3.81
Work Ex: 3 years at Matriculation . I am a biomedical researcher working at one of the top two hospitals in the US.
Other/Ex: Co-ordinate a US based charity organization in India, Elected member of regional district toastmasters and also have my own healthcare company back in India.
Post-MBA plans: Want to get in to Pharmacuetical/Biotech Supply chain consulting.
Target Schools:
MIT
Kellogg
U Chicago
Michigan
Columbia
NYU
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 05:25
Thanks for your reply. I am an PhD student and planning to do an MBA. This is the reason I was interested in Knowing your qualifications.I am in agriculture science and my gpa in PHD is mere 3.32/4.0.although my undergrad gpa and masters gpa are 3.6/4.0, alsoI have an industry experience of 2.5 years before PHD. Do you thing GPA will matter a lot.Do you think PhD will be an problem when applying.People might consider it as more into academics/research. I am planning to go back in industry.this is the reason i want to pursue an MBA.Can you give a little insight on this.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 06:20
arian75 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I am an PhD student and planning to do an MBA. This is the reason I was interested in Knowing your qualifications.I am in agriculture science and my gpa in PHD is mere 3.32/4.0.although my undergrad gpa and masters gpa are 3.6/4.0, alsoI have an industry experience of 2.5 years before PHD. Do you thing GPA will matter a lot.Do you think PhD will be an problem when applying.People might consider it as more into academics/research. I am planning to go back in industry.this is the reason i want to pursue an MBA.Can you give a little insight on this.

Your profile is intriguing....Very different...which might be a huge point favoring you...But you must make your intentions clear (Why MBA, Why now, why the particular school?). As long as you make that clear backed up by a good GMAT (based on the school where you are applying), you should be fine. Your PhD...as far as I know..will not be a problem at all.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 10:16
Congratulations vij101!!
You persisted with your 700 goal for a long time - you have great determination. :good
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 17:48
vikramjit_01 wrote:
Congratulations vij101!!
You persisted with your 700 goal for a long time - you have great determination. :good

Thanks buddy
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2007, 20:20
Congrats vij101 on breaking into the 700 club! Good Luck with your applications. Do keep us posted on your success story! :-D
  [#permalink] 17 Jun 2007, 20:20