Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I can post essays here?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 3

I can post essays here? [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2009, 18:10
I was wondering where would be a good place to have my essays critiqued... The forums say this place is open to everyone, even for essays, but I don't see anyone posting any. Any reason?

I want to have someone who has MBA admission experience take a look at my essays and see how they could be improved. I don't personally know anyone who can help, so I come to the forums. Anyone?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Re: I can post essays here? [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2009, 16:41
"This sub-forum is open to everyone. Post profile evaluation requests, application strategy questions, school choice questions, or essays for peer advice."

I am sure you can, but most are not posting due to personal reasons. Or posting after they been accepted, or posting in the essay vault.

Really it is your call. If you want peer evaluation, then you can post here and let others give you feedback.

Welcome to the Club.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: I can post essays here? [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2009, 16:54
I will discourage anyone who wants to post his/her admissions essay in this forum as if this was an open source co-op project.

Main reason for discouragement is the fact that anything that you post here is scanned and searched by search site bots (i.e. Google, Yahoo) and stored in the cache within their servers.

This means that adcoms can easily find your essay online, as well as other applicants. Those applicants can even copy your idea or part of your essay (if not the whole thing).

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: I can post essays here? [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2009, 21:32
That point is correct.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: I can post essays here? [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2009, 12:16
nink wrote:

Main reason for discouragement is the fact that anything that you post here is scanned and searched by search site bots (i.e. Google, Yahoo) and stored in the cache within their servers.

What if essays are uploaded as password protected zip files?

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 675 [0], given: 781

Re: I can post essays here? [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2009, 12:20
refurb wrote:
nink wrote:
I will discourage anyone who wants to post his/her admissions essay in this forum as if this was an open source co-op project.

This means that adcoms can easily find your essay online, as well as other applicants. Those applicants can even copy your idea or part of your essay (if not the whole thing).

What if essays are uploaded as password protected zip files?

RF

nach0, your idea is good and could be implemented on gmat club someday on a private forum, but gmatclub is not there yet. Please get your essays critiqued by people you know.

RF and nink, the essay area on our forum is private and this cannot be accessed by anyone except people authorized to do so.
Re: I can post essays here?   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2009, 12:20