Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I don't know where to go from here...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I don't know where to go from here... [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 17:03
Hi,

My name is Vladimir. I took the GMAT about two weeks ago and scored a 310. I take the torch for the worst on this forum. For the last two weeks i have been torn apart and didn't think i could ever conquer this test. I'm ready now but clueless where to start. I studied for three months 4 to 5 days a week for 4-5 hours a day. While studying i felt like i wasn't learning a thing. I feel the need to take basic algebra, geometry, grammar, etc classes before i even open a gmat book or any online program. I was never great at school but i always busted my a** when i had to learn something and i graduated cum laude. I think i just can't study for a test that i can't go to a textbook to find a solution or have been sitting in a class listening to a lecture for a whole semester. This test made me feel like i haven't learned a thing my whole life. I graduated two years ago from college and have completely lost my studying habits and especially knowledge on courses that would help with this test. Is there anyone out there that has gone through this please help. My goal is 500-550.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 22

Re: I don't know where to go from here... [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2013, 05:36
Hey Vladimir - we can totally sympathize - that test is a bear! Don't be so discouraged, you definitely have a good attitude if you're willing to devote so much time to studying! The ups and downs of grad school admissions are definitely a roller coaster.

What you might want to do is just focus in on one part of the test first. Which type of question do you feel like you understand a little better? Are you more comfortable with a particular type of verbal question, for example? Or maybe data sufficiency or another of the quant question types is easier? Figure out which one you're better at and work exclusively on that at first. Don't worry about the others, just get really good at one kind of question. That will help you build your confidence up again.

Also if you can find a buddy to study with it might be good - you'd have a built-in support section and you could cheer each other on through the process. Talking through the problems with someone else is often a great way to learn it. You can do that a little here on the forums but it's not the same. If you are better at learning in "real time" with people around then that can be very positive. Not sure where in the world you live but maybe there's a way to find others near you who are studying too?

Please don't give up, it's definitely possible to get to a 500 level score from where you are at, people do it all the time. Lots of people bomb out the first time, it's really stressful and so easy to mess up. Please stay in touch, we want to know how this goes for you!!

EssaySnark

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Re: I don't know where to go from here...   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2013, 05:36