Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I don't understand my Kaplan score, can somebody help me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I don't understand my Kaplan score, can somebody help me? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:14
Hello!

After 3 months of preparation, I just took my 1st Kaplan CAT and I am pleasantly surprise by the score: 690, with 92 percentile for Quant and 53 for Verbal. However, I have 2 questions that I am unable to solve:

1- I failed to find the "real scores" of each part (the ones scaled on 51) in the Kaplan report... Can anyone tell me how to find them please?

2- I don't understand how can I score 690 with a 53 percentile for Verbal... Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thanks everyone.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: ISB '14 (D)
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V19
GMAT 2: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: I don't understand my Kaplan score, can somebody help me? [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2013, 00:15
roughtell wrote:
Hello!

After 3 months of preparation, I just took my 1st Kaplan CAT and I am pleasantly surprise by the score: 690, with 92 percentile for Quant and 53 for Verbal. However, I have 2 questions that I am unable to solve:

1- I failed to find the "real scores" of each part (the ones scaled on 51) in the Kaplan report... Can anyone tell me how to find them please?

2- I don't understand how can I score 690 with a 53 percentile for Verbal... Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thanks everyone.

Am not sure about the first point as i have never taken Kaplan test.
Regarding the second point:
Yes you can get a 690 with 53 percentile in Verbal

My GMAT score was 700 with a 31 in Verbal which was 58 percentile!

ankit
you must believe

How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
gmatclub topic tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
Thursdays with Ron link
Looking for a Quant tutor? Check out my post for the same!

Combined Formula Sheet :
Number Properties || Word Problems and PnC || Equations, Inequalities || Geometry

How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 180

Re: I don't understand my Kaplan score, can somebody help me? [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2013, 06:40
roughtell wrote:
Hello!

Thanks everyone.

Dont rely on Kaplan scores. Use them for practice. Recently few folks are seeing their scores inflated. Kaplan tests are tough, so you get more questions wrong, but they adjust your score accordingly. What are your GMATPREP/MGMAT scores?

Thanks,
PraPon

VOTE: vote-best-gmat-practice-tests-excluding-gmatprep-144859.html
Tough RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7