Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I got a 510 but need a 660 plus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I got a 510 but need a 660 plus [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2005, 07:38
All,

I got a 510 in my first attempt and I am taking it again on the 7th of March. The Princeton review seems to be good and has helped me improve my verbal but not good enough. For Quant I am still using the OG.

I have about 2 more weeks. Any advice?

regards,
c

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2005, 12:33
For quant look at the problems in this forum.OG quant is not representative of the quant asked in exam.For verbal i would suggest go thru all problems in OG, try to analyze them and research why u got them wrong.Above all adopt a positive attitude.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2005, 09:16
Thanks Faizu.

Positive attitude is always there (though I have to admit that there are short intervals when it goes down) but the time is limted.

My plan is to practise, practise and practise in the last one week.

regards,
c

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2005, 09:35
Methana,
I'm not quite sure what parts of quant you have problem with but I can tell you this forum really helps you out a lot. For inequality and absolute value type questions I recommend the last 100 Q's of DS in OG because they are quite hard. If you are having problems with Prob/Perm/Comb this site defintely helps a lot. Makre sure to always read the explanations that people leave for their answers. I was really not too confident with Quant initially but this forum definately helped me out.

Good Luck!!!

"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2005, 13:32
Best wishes for your efforts
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

490 first attempt. I also need 670 minimum [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2005, 01:20
Hi All,
it is a pitty 490 that I have achieved this morming.
So shameful that I am laughing about it.

I guess I have been working & studying pretty hard but surely not in the good way. Though I am running a department which aims at producing technical, statistical and actuarial studies for a world top 2 financial Institution, I have scored 39 in Q. Worst in verbal with 20....shame and shame

I would say that to achieve a good GMAT, the only thing is studying properly and not missing anything : I had a combination prob at the second question which killed my confidence. I aslo have geometry prob I was not sure about. In short I think that I screwed the first 5 or 6 questions and could not get back after that.
Regarding verbal I would say that it is much tougher than OG. Boldface questions, 4 RC (with one of 80 lines. 4 questions each), long CR, even longer SC...
For Verbal I reach the question 22 when 31 minutes were left : I was done.... I could not focus on the last 10 questions which screwed me up.

I would say also two things :
Quant : people tends to say that the forum is tougher. wrong. I found the forum easy to handle.
Verbal: Time is your limit

My previous scores were :
Kaplan : 650 (Q41,V39), 570 (dunt remember the split)
PP1 : 740 (Q51,v41)
PP2: (Q48,v39)

What do you think ? I am a bit lost here
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2005, 23:57
mdf2

I got 720 om PP1 690 on PP2 and a below 600 on Princeton. Still went ahead for the test last time around and ended up with a 510.

I am taking the test again on 7th of March and aim to get a 660 plus.

regards,
c

[#permalink] 28 Feb 2005, 23:57