Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [2]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: I got gmat 440 [#permalink]
Kudos
zmzm wrote:
Thank you sir. I got energy to go again

Posted from my mobile device

Welcome , it would be kind of you if you can give kudos to my post :wink:

Best .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 711 [2]
Given Kudos: 84
Schools: IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
zmzm wrote:
I got 440(q35 and v17) in a real exam. I compled several manhattan books and did practical tests. But i need to have at least 600 according to b-school. Is there anyone to tell me to do something more with 1 or 2 month? Only i can study evening and weekend. Any piece of information would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi. First and foremost, don't get bogged down by low score. A low score is not an indicative of you. It just means that on the test day, your luck didn't work; mind it, luck will favor those who work hard.

It is good that you have completed several Manhattan Books, but let me tell you, just reading those books won't help. Manhattan Guides are the bible for preparation. You need to reread the books again and again and every time, you will learn something. This is my personal experience. I am going through the Manhattan SC guide for the 3rd time and even now I find something to make a note of it. This happens because when we make mistakes, we gain experience and the next time we read the guide, we read it as a more erudite reader, who has a better experience of GMAT problems.

My suggestion is that you solve about 20 - 30 questions in any area (SC / CR / QA/ DS/ RC) and analyze your error and then go through the guide, you'll definitely find something new in the book to learn. Gradually, as you'll increase your experience, you can increase the question span to 50 - 60 questions.

After 1 month of studies, start taking the practice tests. There are few practice tests available from Veritas, MGMAT, gmatclub, etc. Gauge your performance and you'll surely score much above the score you are expecting.

Keep an error log handy. It will help you in understanding which type of questions you did wrong.

Hope this helps you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Optimus Prep's 180+ hours on demand course for only $299 is the perfect course for you! It offers a 50 points score improvement or full refund guarantee and you can get a risk free 7 days trial account!

Please visit the following link to learn more: https://www.optimus-prep.com/gmat-on-demand-course
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7626 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
zmzm wrote:
I got 440(q35 and v17) in a real exam. I compled several manhattan books and did practical tests. But i need to have at least 600 according to b-school. Is there anyone to tell me to do something more with 1 or 2 month? Only i can study evening and weekend. Any piece of information would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi zmzm,

Consider your GMAT preparation to be in 3 stages:

1. Learn
This is the time for you to learn all the stuff you need to know for the GMAT. This includes grammar essentials for SC, formulae for Quant and so on, in addition to understanding the question types tested on the GMAT and creating specific strategies for each. Since you scored 440 the first time, it is likely that there are gaps in your knowledge base and it is a good idea to start off by reviewing your error log (provided you had maintained one while prepping for the first time) or if not, then just reflecting to recognize your key problem areas.

Make sure you keep a log of all the questions you solve this time, along with the type of mistake you made and the learning from each question. More on that here: https://gmat.crackverbal.com/nailed-it-missed-it-guessed-it-timed-it-screwed-it/

2. Practice
Once you address all your conceptual gaps, it is time to apply them. I would strongly recommend that you stick to official material (the Official Guide and Verbal/Quant Reviews) because they are the closest to actual GMAT questions. Even if you remember some of the answers from last time, it's okay. your focus this time must be on ensuring that you are not skating by with lucky guesses but are crystal-clear on why the wrong choices are wrong. For e.g. in SC questions, do you know everything that's wrong with each incorrect answer choice? You may eliminate the choice using the shortest/easiest error, but knowing the other errors may come in handy for another question. :)

Some do's and don'ts to make your GMAT practice more effective: https://gmat.crackverbal.com/effective-gmat-prep/

3. Improve
Periodically, take mock tests to gauge your progress. It's not enough to just take the test - you need to review them thoroughly to understand where you are going wrong and why. And work on the problem areas before attempting the next test. I would suggest 1 test a week (no more frequent than that unless you have an impending deadline)

Here are some tips to overcome the most common problem areas in GMAT Verbal and Quant:
https://crackverbal.wiziq.com/online-class/2216501-gmat-strategy-session-with-arun

Let me know if you have specific questions. :)

Regards
Gowri

Gowri N Kishore
Verbal Trainer & Mentor
GMAT Club Bot