Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I graduated college more than 10 years ago....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I graduated college more than 10 years ago.... [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 20:53
I graduated college more than 10 years ago and now I've decided to take GMAT. Do you have recommendations for any useful tips? (ie Things to do , ways to overcome test anxiety, any other useful information etc." I'd love to hear from people who have been through it already.

In addition, is the gmat score more important as you get older?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 506 [0], given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: I graduated college more than 10 years ago.... [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 00:03
I was only 3 years out of college, when I gave the test

But constantly telling myself "its just a silly test ... you have done 100s tougher than this one" helped :)

Other than that keep it simple ... try to concentrate on a few study materials only, and then try to establish your baseline scores to see what areas you might need extra work on

Math write-ups
1) Algebra-101 2) Sequences 3) Set combinatorics 4) 3-D geometry

My GMAT story

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Retired Moderator
Followers: 108

Kudos [?]: 236 [0], given: 33

Re: I graduated college more than 10 years ago.... [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 04:29
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: I graduated college more than 10 years ago.... [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 00:26
Expert's post
It may be difficult at first, but just keep you head up and be patient. You'll get there. GMATClub has threads, conversations, reviews, and links to everything that you will ever need for a solid preparation. Simply use the search engine. If you need any further help to find something in particular or to navigate your way through the website (it's quite big), then don't hesitate to ask! :)

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

Re: I graduated college more than 10 years ago.... [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 00:48
10 years out of school is a lot. I'd say go for the full set of MGMAT books, there is certainly a lot of stuff to review. I was only out of school for 5 years, and I had to refresh a lot of things in my memory.
Re: I graduated college more than 10 years ago....   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2010, 00:48