Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hmmm, here's a suggestion: maybe you're the embarrassment...Where the hell do you get off commenting on what I need to forget and seek after? Who the hell are you anyway, you freak?
Eternal Intern
hi [#permalink]
Alright my bad.

Im so sorry u got a 510, its a really great score. And I think u should apply to harvard, you may stand a chance there. INstead of giving htem ure 510, give them ure practice tests.

:lol: :o :o :lol: :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
My take [#permalink]
You were probably nervous, but if you were taking the practice exam for the nth time, yeah you ma have the answers memorized.

Try to get the concepts down, if you think you covered anything, take a breather for a week or two. Take a totally new practice test, and see where you stand and take the GMAT again
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Oh yeah [#permalink]
Amy

Also I feel that taking the paper tests were throwing you off. Buy the Kaplan book that comes with the CD. The CD has a few computerized tests. Take those and see how you do.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
get a princeton review CD, the tests in there will reflect your score on the real thing fairly accurately
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
well said, BB. I fully agree with u. We are here to share, grow and learn not to....
-vicky
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi
I thoroughly agree with BB here. There is no place for snobs in this forum. We are all here to help out each other and getting a 750 or getting a 550 doesnt make someone a super hero or the biggest dumb. As BB rightly pointed out how many of us would have the courage to talk about a 510 . Probably very few. So please we need to help ppl out instead of making weird comments and posting weird topics about harvard as some of the guys here are doing.
Rgds
neeraj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi everybody,
I found this wonderful site about two days ago and just joined in. I want to thank the founders of this site for doing such an amazing job. I donтАЩt want to sound critical in my first post, but I just saw an unusual email that was very different from the rest. What I got from this site is that it is called Gmatclub not snubclub ar mockclub. If people are brave enough to share their experience that are not happy with, others try to support the person by giving him useful tips for a better performance in the future. I тАШm sure one of the reason that I will visit this site in the future would be the sense of comfort that I will get from this site. If I know I will be disturbed by unkind, rude and freaky comments, I have no desire to continue. I know that I wonтАЩt score high on my first attempt but IтАЩll do whatever it takes to reach my goal. :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: hi [#permalink]
Couldnt agree with you more BB

We are here to support each other in our preparation and tough test

days...

Its one of the hardest things to share bad experiences with anyone.

The very fact that AMY chose to share tells a lot about GMATCLUB's

members and their contrubutions...

This is a incredibly warm place to be. Every question gets

answered very politely.

Lets keep it that way. :)

Thanks
praetorian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I understand BB saying it's hard to get people scoring under 700 to post their GMAT experiences, if you see the forum you'll notice the average scores posted are around 700, this is NOT average of all the test takers on here. I think there are a good many people below 700 who are not sharing their experiences on here. Which is a shame really cos we could all learn from any GMAT experience.

I swear that I will post my experience no matter what I score, this place has meant a lot to me over the past 3 months of preparation and I owe it that much ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: hi [#permalink]
nikerun21 wrote:
Alright my bad.

Im so sorry u got a 510, its a really great score. And I think u should apply to harvard, you may stand a chance there. INstead of giving htem ure 510, give them ure practice tests.

:lol: :o :o :lol: :lol:

nike,

you speak about going to b-school directly from college. this feat will require much more maturity than you have displayed here today.
Eternal Intern
hi [#permalink]
f' the gmat all the my grades r going down studying for this 2 yr away test, stupid. I got a 40% on my quiz go make fun of me i was getting a 98% now i get 91%, stats suck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Those who make fun of others are M***** F******* [#permalink]
I totally agree with bb .In fact when I started with GMAT I was only able to score 550 in the kaplan diag. cd. I was really dejected at that time since my target was 650 + in the real test, but some encouraging posts keep me going.And this is for sure that grey matter is not related to how you score in GMAT.Above all who has given us the right to make fun of others when we are not perfect ourselves.

It appears that this guy did'nt have a proper upbringing or he has some psycho problem.

P.S.:- As for Harvard MBA's ,one of my boss is H MBA but he is a complete nut .

Sanjiv.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
THROW NIKE OUT !! [#permalink]
IS it possible to throw this roach called nike out??Please do it before he infects this site.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Send PM
results [#permalink]
Expert Reply
srathi wrote:
I totally agree with bb .In fact when I started with GMAT I was only able to score 550 in the kaplan diag. cd. I was really dejected at that time since my target was 650 + in the real test, but some encouraging posts keep me going.And this is for sure that grey matter is not related to how you score in GMAT.Above all who has given us the right to make fun of others when we are not perfect ourselves.

It appears that this guy did'nt have a proper upbringing or he has some psycho problem.

P.S.:- As for Harvard MBA's ,one of my boss is H MBA but he is a complete nut .

Sanjiv.

I started out with 540 after a year of preparation with ar ARCO book. My roommate who was a complete zero in GMAT and had no clue about the "special" techniques suggested by ARCO got 530.

I probably would not be telling this story If I did not recoup and did not get a higher score. I am not as bold to share my failures because in this world few people appreciate them. Yet, since everybody has one or two, it is an important sckill to look professional and responsible when you fail whether at work, school, or GMAT.

-=-
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Send PM
Re: THROW NIKE OUT !! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
srathi wrote:
IS it possible to throw this roach called nike out??Please do it before he infects this site.

Yes it is possible.

This would be the second person though. Only the second. The first one was a college student as well - strange tendency...

I will take another day though. I will try to contact the dude first.

P.S. Banning is pretty serious - the other guy was quite sophisticated, but could not get through the system.

-=-
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
amyp
Get Official Guide if you haven't done it yet. Make an error worksheet. Make a clear distinction between your weak and strong sides. Carefull analysis is a keyword. Rememeber, you have to build skills, which is not quite similar to just reading theory and practicing. You have to buid confidence, since stress and nerves decrease productivity dramatically. You know this no worse than I do. Monitor your progress, stick to this forum, here you will find tons of useful info.
Why I am telling you this?...Because my story is quite similar to yours. I scored 520 on PP test 2 weeks ago. My test preparation routine has always been pretty close to yours. Too much time spent with a low score got is not and indication of stupidity, that is rather an indication of flaws in preparation strategy. All those 750-760 scorers you will find on this forum are not a benchmark. They are just very, very smart, smarter than 99% of others here. So what? Does it mean that only those who spent a couple of weeks on preaparation and got 760 have a chance? Definitely not.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts