Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have been going through the 1000 CR practice tests and

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

I have been going through the 1000 CR practice tests and [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 13:09
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
I have been going through the 1000 CR practice tests and have developed a pretty steady score. In the first 12 GMAT tests with 20 questions i score between a 18-19 out of 20 answers correct in the allotted time. Never a 20. In tests 13 onwards with 16 questions i get a 14-15 answers correct in the allotted time or less ( sometimes 3-4 mins left). The tests with 16 questions are tougher IMO.

I am wondering how good is this score? Like everyone and their grandmother on this forum I am aiming for a 700+ and am worried about my verbal. Any guidance will be helpful. I am also starting to run out of CR tests... what would you suggest I practice from next? I have not used the LSAT tests in the 1000CR and am not sure if I should.

Admit me and win an iPad. *conditions apply

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Whats a good score in 1000CR practice tets? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 16:29
Hi, I don't know if you are still studying, but I heard that the 1000CR is actually NOT a good source from which to study, simply because the structure of the questions does not reflect that of the actual GMAT. Primarily, this is due to the fact that these questions were published many years ago when ETS ran the show. Furthermore, it has been mentioned before in the forums that much of the document is irrelevant because it contains LSAT questions, which when compared with GMAT questions is like comparing apples and oranges. Some Manhattan instructors have made it very clear that these questions are misleading at best, and damaging to one's score at worst. So beware my friend, and good luck with your studies.

Anyone who says that they can reliably convert a raw score from 1000CR to a scaled score, and ultimately a GMAT score is out of their mind. The best you can do is finish these questions with perfect accuracy, and enjoy the fact that you conquered questions that are apparently MUCH easier than the latest GMAT questions. Go try GMAT Prep and see what I mean.
Re: Whats a good score in 1000CR practice tets?   [#permalink] 24 May 2010, 16:29