Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 18:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have been going through the LSAT RC section in the 1000RC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

I have been going through the LSAT RC section in the 1000RC [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2009, 06:52
I have been going through the LSAT RC section in the 1000RC document since they are supposed to be harder and good practice as well. But am surprised to find that they are not as hard as people are making them out to be.

To put things in perspective, take a look at this http://www.west.net/~stewart/lsat/ql_read.htm#Q1 . Almost every line of this is a pain. When people say they went through LSAT RC, are they really referring to stuff such as these ?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 7

Re: LSAT RC - Which one's for real ? [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 15:38
Hi,

I took the GMAT yesterday and had a horrible experience with RCs. All fours passages were very very tough and time consuming. In fact, onc of the RC had the same question format as given in the LSAT RC link you provided . I think it's better to be safe than sorry and i'll definitely try my hands with LSAT stuff before my GMAT retake.

-Prabir
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 8

Re: LSAT RC - Which one's for real ? [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 16:05
kaptain wrote:
I have been going through the LSAT RC section in the 1000RC document since they are supposed to be harder and good practice as well. But am surprised to find that they are not as hard as people are making them out to be.

To put things in perspective, take a look at this http://www.west.net/~stewart/lsat/ql_read.htm#Q1 . Almost every line of this is a pain. When people say they went through LSAT RC, are they really referring to stuff such as these ?

LSAT RC works like this:

2 easy passages
1 medium passage (often two passages comparison/contrast)
1 insanely difficult passage

Every LSAT it's the same way, the difficult passage is typically where most people get mistakes. It separates 95th percentile people from 99th percentile.

i.e. search google for "LSAT chinese oral story"

Imho.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: LSAT RC - Which one's for real ? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 11:41
As someone who is studying for the LSAT as well as the GMAT, I would recommend skipping the 1000 RC because it sounds like the sources of the material are very sketchy. Get a good LSAT book that uses real RC passages instead. Kaplan LSAT Mastery Practice does this and so does the Grouped by Passage Type book. Use the MGMAT RC book for instruction on how to read the passages and then practice with these books once you have used up the OG material.
Re: LSAT RC - Which one's for real ?   [#permalink] 03 May 2010, 11:41