Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 07 Jul 2015, 18:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have been practicing SC for about 2 weeks after spending a

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

I have been practicing SC for about 2 weeks after spending a [#permalink] New post 31 May 2007, 23:15
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
I have been practicing SC for about 2 weeks after spending a weekend to read up Manhatten SC book. Since then I have completed OG 11 and OG Verble Review Scs and completed first 100 of SC1000 series. I kept error log and studied my mistakes so far.

However, the problem is I am not feeling confident enough with rate of my improvement in SC. After OG11 I started noticing some improvement but after jumping into SC1000, I am starting to see my errors increase a bit.

Moreover, I am just not able to get my hands on "a script" to improve consistantly as in most of the errors its style or idiom or meaning that I miss.

I was wondering how the experience of other members who have gone through much more practice have been, I am bit dis heartened, may be its fatigue and time to move to Math or CR, but its just not working out for me yet.. my error rate remains steady at 5 erros at every 25 questions.

Any thoughts or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :evil:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

Re: Improvement in SC after how much practise [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 04:33
a3d wrote:
I have been practicing SC for about 2 weeks after spending a weekend to read up Manhatten SC book. Since then I have completed OG 11 and OG Verble Review Scs and completed first 100 of SC1000 series. I kept error log and studied my mistakes so far.

However, the problem is I am not feeling confident enough with rate of my improvement in SC. After OG11 I started noticing some improvement but after jumping into SC1000, I am starting to see my errors increase a bit.

Moreover, I am just not able to get my hands on "a script" to improve consistantly as in most of the errors its style or idiom or meaning that I miss.

I was wondering how the experience of other members who have gone through much more practice have been, I am bit dis heartened, may be its fatigue and time to move to Math or CR, but its just not working out for me yet.. my error rate remains steady at 5 erros at every 25 questions.

Any thoughts or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :evil:

Welcome to u ! :)

My case is problably special compared with u : non native speaker and at a medium level of english. :)

So, to give u an idea about my preparation, it's only after having done 1 time the 1000SC document that I felt some real improvments. I had built a XLS file with my self interpretations of the GMAT tested rules. Also, I had completed this 1000SC document very fastly, peaking to 100 SCs a day. Then, I have completed it 3 times more :)

That's my personnal case... Perhaps, u need much less but in any circumstance : trust in u & organize u to kill this GMAT. U can do it ! :D :)... Others, including me, have done it ! :D :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Improvement in SC after how much practise [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 05:24
I think your error rate of 20% in SC after only 2 weeks is quite impressive. If you can perform that in your exam, all power to you! The best way to increase your SC skills is to analyze each question (even those that you had right) in OG and know why something is correct or wrong. Then you should adopt your knowledge to SC1000 to improve your time management and efficency. Otherwise you are only testing yourself. best regards!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

re [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 00:26
thanks guys, that really helps, I just discovered this forum for couple of weeks but its one of the best things I have seen.

I think SC1000 practice is very useful, fig, I am also not native english speaker btw, so dont worry you will get there, I just have spent long enough time in english speaking country now that I can deal with it somewhat..I will keep plowing through SC1000 for now and may be start doing some quant drills for a change, I am yet to touch CR and RC so we will see how that goes.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

Re: re [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2007, 12:41
a3d wrote:
thanks guys, that really helps, I just discovered this forum for couple of weeks but its one of the best things I have seen.

I think SC1000 practice is very useful, fig, I am also not native english speaker btw, so dont worry you will get there, I just have spent long enough time in english speaking country now that I can deal with it somewhat..I will keep plowing through SC1000 for now and may be start doing some quant drills for a change, I am yet to touch CR and RC so we will see how that goes.

Good luck ! :D :)
Re: re   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2007, 12:41