Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have been using the diagramming technique advocated by

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 50

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
I have been using the diagramming technique advocated by [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 08:24
I have been using the diagramming technique advocated by MGMAT since September 2011. Using this method, I can solve most of the problems within 1 minute 50 seconds. It takes about 3 mins for really hard problems (e.g. bold face).

Recently, while rereading PowerScore CR. I realized that it does not advocate diagramming except for Cause and Effect. It reminded me of a suggestion the MGMAT instructor gave during the class, 'if you are doing well in CR but feeling that the diagramming slows you down compared to the help it provides, you may skip the diagramming part'. He also mentioned that MGMAT is not pushing the diagramming method as hard as they used to do.

So I stopped diagramming. My speed improved by about 20 to 30 seconds. Without the diagram, it takes me about 1 minute 10 seconds to about 2 minute 10 seconds to solve a problem. Moreover, it appears that the accuracy did not drop. But I am still a bit uneasy about the idea of not doing the diagram. Am I making a mistake? Is it going to take a toll during the exam? Should I use diagram for any specific question type?

Please let me know your comments.

Kudos is the best way to say Thank you.

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
I have been using the diagramming technique advocated by   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2012, 08:24