Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have come across a number of questions that use (1)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I have come across a number of questions that use (1) [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2004, 23:26
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
I have come across a number of questions that use

(1) Inspite ......
(2) Despite .....
(3) Although ...

Could someone advise me under what circumstances can one use "Inspite", "Despite" and "Although". Is there any grammar rule governing their usage?

ThankYou
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 670 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2004, 03:35
Toughest question i have seen in a while.

i think they are interchangeable if used correctly. 0
If i am not wrong ,here is the actual usage.
Despite the fact that .. . OK ( there may be other ways)
Inspite of ....OK
Although.... . OK
by the way, i have not come across "inspite" yet in all the time i prepped for my gmat. akamai even pointed out that inspite is not really used. but its definitely good to know.

sorry i could not explain the distinction clearly. The good thing about ETS's Sc's is, MOST of the tough questions have more than one error. so, even if you miss one , you should be able to catch the other. Just to be sure , please look up the OG and check for explanations for the LAST 50-75 SC's. I hope you will find most of the questions having this trend.

Now that i have gotten a chance to ramble a bit, please allow me to add a note here for the new guys:

I know we try very hard to learn the finer points of english while practicing SC. IMO, unless you are talking about a 40+ verbal, you wouldnt even come close to the toughest questions in sentence correction. ( I say 40+V because i ended up with a 39V) Sure, work on those SC's , but never never let up on that RC and CR practice. Let us focus on overall performance.

thanks
praetorian
  [#permalink] 19 Jul 2004, 03:35