Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 07:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have done DS from OG11, Kaplan and OG quant guide. I still

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

I have done DS from OG11, Kaplan and OG quant guide. I still [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2008, 10:59
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
I have done DS from OG11, Kaplan and OG quant guide. I still find myself struggling in difficult DS questions and ended up getting 6-7 DS questions wrong at the end of each of the 4 mocks i have given so far (1 kaplan, 1 manhattan, 1 800score and 1 gmatprep). Did well in gmatprep though.

Can somebody guide me to a source of good (difficult) DS questions? (preferably online, although an offline one wd also do).

Thanks in advance :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Difficult DS Questions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2008, 11:54
I recommend the number properties book from MGMAT. If you haven't noticed, many DS problems involve number properties. Also, look out for traps in the difficult DS problems. The obvious answer choice is almost always wrong.
Manager
Manager

Re: Difficult DS Questions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2008, 12:34
kidderek wrote:
I recommend the number properties book from MGMAT. If you haven't noticed, many DS problems involve number properties. Also, look out for traps in the difficult DS problems. The obvious answer choice is almost always wrong.

Thanks kidderek. Now that u have mentioned, i realized that yes I am mostly stuck in number properties problems and specifically involving I II III format questions. How much time does one need to go through complete number properties book from MGMAT? I have my gmat scheduled for June 2nd.
Manager
Manager

Re: Difficult DS Questions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2008, 12:48
btw i went to manhattan online store and was going their products. I noticed that all manhattan strategy guides (each costing $26) come with access to 6 online manhattan CATs.
AND AND..a set of 6 online manhattan CATs comes with a price tag of $39. Can someone please explain this discrepancy? (test of CR skills :lol: )
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Difficult DS Questions [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2008, 05:39
namurad wrote:
kidderek wrote:

Thanks kidderek. Now that u have mentioned, i realized that yes I am mostly stuck in number properties problems and specifically involving I II III format questions. How much time does one need to go through complete number properties book from MGMAT? I have my gmat scheduled for June 2nd.

You'll have more than enough time. Just make sure you understand the concepts. Also, it comes with online questions and tests. So go through those as well. It's just like when you were in school. you learn the lesson and reinforce it with exercises.

namurad wrote:
btw i went to manhattan online store and was going their products. I noticed that all manhattan strategy guides (each costing $26) come with access to 6 online manhattan CATs.
AND AND..a set of 6 online manhattan CATs comes with a price tag of $39. Can someone please explain this discrepancy? (test of CR skills :lol: )

Honestly, everyone should pick up at least the MGMAT sentence correction guide. That way you'll have access to the CATs. Those who buy the CATS and the individual guides separately are just less informed.
Re: Difficult DS Questions   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2008, 05:39