Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 09:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I have found that i'm very weak in critical reasoning. Can

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

I have found that i'm very weak in critical reasoning. Can [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 20:25
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

50% (01:12) correct 50% (00:29) wrong based on 5 sessions
I have found that i'm very weak in critical reasoning. Can someone suggest ways to overcome my weakness? What all books do I need to follow? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks in advance
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
WE: Operations (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 101 [1] , given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 20:28
This post received
KUDOS
Hello,

undoubtedly Powerscore cr bible ! Use it for all type of questions or also have a look at manhattan gmat CR book. ither of them is okay ad powerscore is highly recommended by one and all.

Intern
Intern

Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 03:35
Thanks a ton :) I was wondering if we could get such books in Hyderabad or shipping is the only way?
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 34

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 04:05
This post received
KUDOS
Check out Powerscore LSAT LR bible too.This elaborates all topic in a detailed manner which is helpful in getting a better hold of concepts plus it has some good set of problem sets at end of each chapter.(though these are LSAT problems they would help you in learning the concepts in a better way.)Powerscore CR bible is also a very good book .If you have time..you can start with LSAT LR bible .Its too good.However if you do not have time i would advise you to go with Powerscore CR bible alone.

Thanks,
GC24

Please click Kudos ,if my post helped you ;)

Intern
Intern

Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 11:11
@Gmatcracker24: Thanks a lot! I think i need to go with both the books
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
WE: Operations (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 101 [2] , given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 22:53
This post received
KUDOS
Well out of my experience i can say :

Power score CR book + e-gmat CR course ( costs a bit more than than the LSAT CR bible ) is most comprehensive and increases CR accuracy. I can say e-gmat CR course is loosely built upon power score CR Bible but complements it well and adds brick to wall approach for inducing concepts and applying them. It also adds some valuable practice with 200 + Gmat Like problems. Check out their preview CR course before you can make up a decision to buy it.

Please note that i am not endorsing for any prep course or book , but giving out an opinion based out of my experience :)

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 25

Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 03:39
Powerscore is great. But, somehow I feel it is too abstract and very few ques. to practice along. After, reading 3 times and seeing no improvement, I switched to MGMAT and after that I could see good result. MGMAT focuses on important aspects: Assumption, Strengthen, Weakening and Draw a conclusion. +1 to MGMAT, but don't neglect Powerscore completely.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2011, 07:29
srilekhya wrote:
I have found that i'm very weak in critical reasoning. Can someone suggest ways to overcome my weakness? What all books do I need to follow? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

I would also recommend MGAT CR.
MGMAT focuses on paraphrasing and T-diagramming. I'am sure that these techniques will improve your accuracy.

Thanks and Regards,
GM.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 07:56
I already have MGMAT CR, would it be unwise to get powerscore? i need more practice questions in the 700+ level. Please advise on what I should do. Actually, I need more practice questions in RC and SC as well. I have all the MGMAT books already
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 84

Kudos [?]: 470 [1] , given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 06:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Though a little late in the conversation, I hope that my reply can add some value here. Overall, there are two top performers for CR: the Powerscore CR Bible and the Manhatton CR guide. Both are good, so either would probably be fine. I used Powerscore's book and can highly recommend it! But I would discourage anyone from using both. That would be a waste of time and money. If the concepts haven't sunk in after the first attempt, read the book again.

As for the Powerscore LR Bible, I also used this one. It's quite powerful, but the book isn't suitable for everyone. And from experience, I can definitely warn you NOT to use both the CR and LR guidebooks.

If you want more information on the Powerscore LR Bible, look in my signature space below. There's a link on LSAT material that might help you.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: BEST BOOK FOR CRITICAL REASONING. [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 19:11
Sounds like the individuals above have recommended the best books - Powerscore and MGMAT CR
VP
VP
Followers: 203

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: I have found that i'm very weak in critical reasoning. Can [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 04:04
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: I have found that i'm very weak in critical reasoning. Can   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2013, 04:04