Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 01:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

i have my exam

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

i have my exam [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 13:12
This post received
KUDOS
guys as i have my exam in starting feb what do u suggest to me ? how will i do my prep for the exam as from now onwards ? i need some serious suggestions of getting a good score .shud i start giving self test now or from where can i study in the last few days.

-thanx
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 13:25
Wow...you're cutting it very close. Why didn't you give yourself more time to study?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be review all your math and verbal so that you get the basics down cold. If you have time to practice more advanced stuff that's great, but worry about getting a solid foundation down first.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 13:29
This post received
KUDOS
eschn3am wrote:
Wow...you're cutting it very close. Why didn't you give yourself more time to study?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be review all your math and verbal so that you get the basics down cold. If you have time to practice more advanced stuff that's great, but worry about getting a solid foundation down first.

i m facing prob in probability. can u suggest a book or some reference that wud make me easier.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 13:33
I like Veritas Project GMAT for probability/combinatorics stuff
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 15:28
Look, most likely you see 1 question on probability, you may see no questions at all and in rare cases you see 2.

If you are taking the test in a few weeks, my suggestion would be to just review basic concepts of probability and skip the harder questions altogether. Much more worthwhile to spend time on content you are more confident about.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 0

Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2008, 15:48
This post received
KUDOS
Give a practice test (gmatprep suggested) on how you stand on getting your target score. Yes, there aren't too many days for the test. Identify your weakness and focus on them. If you did not complete your OG11 materials, I'd suggest that you complete them all.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2008, 10:57
[quote="solaris1"]Look, most likely you see 1 question on probability, you may see no questions at all and in rare cases you see 2.

If you are taking the test in a few weeks, my suggestion would be to just review basic concepts of probability and skip the harder questions altogether. Much more worthwhile to spend time on content you are more confident about.[/quote]

sure i will do keep in mind.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 58 [2] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2008, 14:34
This post received
KUDOS
i agree.. best way to get started is to take the GMATPREP so you know where you stand... then work on your problem areas...
Manager
Manager

Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2008, 09:05
rakesh22 wrote:
Give a practice test (gmatprep suggested) on how you stand on getting your target score. Yes, there aren't too many days for the test. Identify your weakness and focus on them. If you did not complete your OG11 materials, I'd suggest that you complete them all.

whats that "OG11 materials" ?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2008, 09:10
vermatanya wrote:
rakesh22 wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Guide-GM ... 0976570904
Manager
Manager

Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2008, 09:24
eschn3am wrote:
vermatanya wrote:
rakesh22 wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Guide-GM ... 0976570904

ok got it thanx.
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: 1250 Q780 V540
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: i have my exam [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2008, 10:26
vermatanya wrote:
guys as i have my exam in starting feb what do u suggest to me ? how will i do my prep for the exam as from now onwards ? i need some serious suggestions of getting a good score .shud i start giving self test now or from where can i study in the last few days.

-thanx

IMO, if you are applying for 2009 fall, you better postpone the exam for 2-3 months.. you really dont need to hurry up.

If you like my post, please press Kudos+1

Re: i have my exam   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2008, 10:26