Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 18:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 17:43
Hello,

I just wanted to try and get some help on a schedule for prep. I just received my MGMAT set, OG12, OG quant and math foundation and I plan on taking the test at the end of march 2011. I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to work though the books, for example if I study each book at a time when should I take practice test during the process? I can study for 5 hrs a day and 6 on the weekends. My strat was to study quant first and take a quant practice test every sat and review/plan for what to work on for the following week base of my results. I would do this until Jan 22 and than start verbal that week after. In all I would spend about about 7 weeks on math, 5 weeks verbal and 6 week CAT for a total of 18 weeks. I not necessarily sure if this will be effective plan and I am open to advice.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 454 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 04:14
My only advice

"Think less, study more".

Smart work is far more effective than hard work. You are willing to take admission in a business school, so you should be pretty confident of every step you take during your study.

Do look this thread too for more info on a study plan. Its a good piece of info
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4460 [0], given: 162

Re: I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 18:32
Expert's post
NEURON wrote:
Hello,

I just wanted to try and get some help on a schedule for prep. I just received my MGMAT set, OG12, OG quant and math foundation and I plan on taking the test at the end of march 2011. I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to work though the books, for example if I study each book at a time when should I take practice test during the process? I can study for 5 hrs a day and 6 on the weekends. My strat was to study quant first and take a quant practice test every sat and review/plan for what to work on for the following week base of my results. I would do this until Jan 22 and than start verbal that week after. In all I would spend about about 7 weeks on math, 5 weeks verbal and 6 week CAT for a total of 18 weeks. I not necessarily sure if this will be effective plan and I am open to advice.

Since you are just starting out, don't focus too much on how much time you will put in what. Next one month, just try and go through all the conceptual books. After that you can chalk out a study plan for yourself. Though, I would like to give one piece of advice. Work on both Quant and Verbal everyday. Do not leave Verbal for later. Later, you may not have enough time left if you find yourself lost in a particular section. Consistent practice over a period of time is needed to improve scores.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Re: I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 18:55
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
NEURON wrote:
Hello,

Since you are just starting out, don't focus too much on how much time you will put in what. Next one month, just try and go through all the conceptual books. After that you can chalk out a study plan for yourself. Though, I would like to give one piece of advice. Work on both Quant and Verbal everyday. Do not leave Verbal for later. Later, you may not have enough time left if you find yourself lost in a particular section. Consistent practice over a period of time is needed to improve scores.

Thanks for your reply. I will just worry about making it through the material for right now. Unfortunately I am really worried about Quant more so than verbal and feel that I need to focus on that a little longer than verbal. I am not underestimating verbal it just that I know I need more time on quant. I will see if maybe doing quant one day and verbal the next will work. Right now I am working my way through the "MGMAT math foundations" first.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2010, 06:15
HI, CONGRATS FOR BUYING material! can you tell me the following details?
how did you order? (online/manual)
how much did it cost you? the complete mgmat set
how many days did it take to ship the material to india( i stay in hyderabad)?
Intern
Intern

Re: I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2010, 08:53
YASHWANTHK wrote:
HI, CONGRATS FOR BUYING material! can you tell me the following details?
how did you order? (online/manual)
how much did it cost you? the complete mgmat set
how many days did it take to ship the material to india( i stay in hyderabad)?

Yashwanthk.

I order my set through Amazon.com
I paid for the set(8) 120 + extra for the other 3 books
I'm sorry I did not ship to india, I am from the states, however with amazon I would imagine that it would still be fast regardless of where you have it shipped to.
Re: I just bought MGMAT plus OG 12, OG quant & math foundation   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2010, 08:53