Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 19:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: ESADE
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 12:46
looks like during my grad school interview i laughted too much ( b/c i was so nervous)
but hte good thing, i wasn't laughing alone, i felt like my interviewer had a good time too as she was laughing as much as i was
is that a good sign? or did i blow it??

at the end it felt like my interview was rather informal and it was more like frends chatting my life, i am so stressed now......

any advice?
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 116 [1] , given: 4

Premium Member
Re: i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 13:05
This post received
KUDOS
Anything higher than a 3.2 laugh per minute rate will surely result in a ding. Did you exceed that limit? If not, you're fine. If so, you could still be fine...you may rate an additional laugh allowance (not to exceed an extra 0.8 per minute) if the interviewer is laughing along with you.

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/

Intern
Intern
Schools: ESADE
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 13:33
pardon, but what does 3.2 laugh per minute rate mean?
did i laught at least 3 and 0.2 times per minute?? haha no!

i might have laughted a few times, but concidering that i am a blond i am afraid my interviewer might have thought that i am a bimbo, when in fact i was just nervous and i am a very friendly person to begin with

it seems like we clicked, b/c she felt very comfortable around me and laughted as well

i am just concerned if that might negativly effect me ,,,,,,,,,,,:(

emont wrote:
Anything higher than a 3.2 laugh per minute rate will surely result in a ding. Did you exceed that limit? If not, you're fine. If so, you could still be fine...you may rate an additional laugh allowance (not to exceed an extra 0.8 per minute) if the interviewer is laughing along with you.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas Darden Ross Booth Sloan (that's right, HDRBS)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 5

Re: i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 14:51
Were the any chortles from either side? Typically involuntary spasms of mirth are evaluated holistically, so we're gonna need your entire profile to confidently make an evaluation.

The end is only the beginning.

Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 14:56
hi lipstick, my suggestion to you is to just let everything go now (at least for that specific school). You've been selected for interview and you've now finished your interview. Everything's up in the air over at the Admissions office and there's nothing you can do about it. It's like turning your final exam in college...you're done. Nothing you could do at this point would make it any better or worse. Just enjoy your days and wait for the result :-D

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 18:10
My strategy in interviews has been to try and make the interviewer smile as much as possible. It puts them at ease and makes for a relaxed conversation rather than a scripted grilling. If they enjoy the conversation they are likely to leave with a positive impression of you. So far, so good. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
Re: i laughted alot during the interview, is that a good sign?   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2011, 18:10