Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:01

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I LOVE EVERYBODY AT GMATCLUB, THIS IS MY FAVOURITE WEBSITE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
I LOVE EVERYBODY AT GMATCLUB, THIS IS MY FAVOURITE WEBSITE [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2005, 22:35
HELLO EVERY1!!

MY STORY OF GMAT IS KINDA DIFFERENT ONE,,
IM A CHEMICAL ENGINEER, WITH ENGLISH AS SECOND LANGUAGE!!!

MY PERSONALITY TRAITS DO'NT MATCH UP AT ALL WITH GMAT TAKERS!!! IM A VERY RECKLESS PERSON, VERY IMPATIENT, AND SUPERCARELESS!!

I FRIST TOOK GMAT IN 2004, WHEN I SCORE 530!!! I WAS'ENT SHOCKED BECAUSE MY MATHS WAS 49 AND ENGLISH 12!!!! THE WORST PART WAS THAT I HAD CONSUMED ALL THE MATERIAL INCLUDING ARCO,KAPLAN, POWERPRE AND PETERSON,,,AS THESE WERE THE ONLY OPTIONS AVAIABLE AT MY PLACE!! SO I WAS'NT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO PREPARE AGAIN!!!! I WAITED FOR FEW MONTHS AND THEN IN JANUARY 2005, I AGAIN STARTED MY PREPARATION, THIS TIME WITH BETTER GAME PLAN,,,,,,,AFTER BRUSHING MY CONCEPTS I STARTED TAKING ACRO EXMAS,,,I WAS ABLE TO REACH AT A SCORE OF 660-700!

BUT IT WAS'NT SUFFICIENT, THAT TIME I DID'NT KNEW ABOUT GMATCLUB, THEN ONE DAY ONE OF MY FRIEND SHOWED IT """"GMAT CLUB.COM"""""""

BAAM,,,I HAD FOUND A SOURCE OF UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF QUESTIONS ,,,,BUT I JUST HAD 10 DAYS LEFT TO GIVE THE GMAT,,,,,AND I WAS ALSO A FULLTIME STUDENT AND PART TIME WORKER SO HAD REALLY LIMITED TIME!!!!

I STARTED TO SPEND AROUND 6 HOURS A DAY ON GMATCLUB TRYING TO COVER AS MUCH VERBAL QUESTIONS AS I COULD.........
HERE I DID A SMALL MISTAKE,I LEFT OUT MATHS,,,,,,I DID AROUND 30 PAGES OF VERBAL QUESTIONS IN 6 DAYS!!!! I WAS FEELING CONFIDENT!!!

4 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAM I TOOK MY FIRST KAPLAN EXAM,,,SCORE 590! BUT GOT AROUND 12 INCORRECT IN MATHS!!!! NEXT THREE DAYS I SPEND IMPROVING MY MATHS AND MAINTAINING MY MOMENTUM!!!!

I ALSO SUFFER FROM SLEEPLESSNESS!!!!

MY EXAM WAS AT 8:30 IN MORNING!!!! SO I GOT TO BED AT AROUND 10:00 A NIGHT BEFORE.
WAS UNDER A LOT OF STRESS AND EXCITMENT I WAS JUST ABLE TO SLEEP FOR AROUND 4-5 HOURS!!!!! BUT I WAS FEELING GOOD AND CONFORMTABLE IN THE MORNING!!!!

THEN CAME THE MOMENT!!! CLICK ON COMPUTER SCREEN AND MY EXAM STARTED!!!!
I WAS DOING GOOD, SPEED WAS OK,,,BUT I WAS FEELIG A BIT UPTIGHT AND WEAK!!!!
THERE WAS LOT OF TRAFIC IN AND OUT OF THE EXAMROOM, WHICH REALLY DISTRACTED ME AT TIMES, BUT I NEVER LOST MY CONCENTRATION!!!!!

I STILL REMEMBER ,BEFORE I CLICKED YES TO SEE THE FINAL SCORES,,,,,MY HEAD WAS ABOUT TO BURST WITH EXCITMET AND STRESS,,,,I TOOK A DEEP BREATH ,SAID MY PRAYER! THOUGH FOR A WHILE THE WONDERFUL AND EXCITING TIME I HAD WHILE PREPARING!!!!
THE WAYS PEOPLE AT GMATCLUB HAD SUPPORTED ME!!! THE WAY THEY APPRECIATED MY EXPALINATIONS, CORRECTED ME FOR MY WRONG CONCEPTS ETC ETC!!!!!

AND THEN CLECKED YES, AND I CLOSED MY EYES!!!! I WAS AFRAID TO SEE MY SCORES!!!!!! AFTER AROUND 20 SECS I OPENED MY 1 ONE EYE!!! SAY 670!!!!!!

I WAS HAPPY, BECUASE IT WAS MY TARGET!!!!!!

SINCE I HAVE MANY STRANGE PERSONALITY TRAITS,,,,CONTROLLING MYSELF HAS ALWAYS BEEN A VERY BIG PROBLEM FOR ME!!!! I UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT BUT I ALWAYS SCREW UP AT THE LAST MOMENT!!! I ALSO LACK GOOD LUCK,AND DO'NT HAVE WINNER'S INSTINCT!!!!!

I'LL BE APPLYING IN 10-25 RANKING SCHOOLS SINCE I DO'NT HAVE ANY WORK EXPERINCE AND FINANCES IS ALSO A BIG CONCERN FOR ME!!!!

I WISH ALL OF U ALL THE VERY BEST!!!
IM SURE WITHOUT GMAT CLUB I WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO ACHIEVE MY TRAGET!!!!

THIS WONDERFUL EXPERINCE WILL ALWAYS BE A ONE THAT I WILL CHERISH ALL MY LIFE,,,,,,THIS WEBSITE WILL ALWAYS BE ONE OF MY FAVIOURITE!!!!

i hate when people do'nt post the OA, it leaves in guessing!!!!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2005, 23:16
Congratulations Karun! You aced it.
:musband :band :band :musband

What was ur breakdown score?

:gl for ur applications.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2005, 04:45
Congrats Karun. Good to hear from you again. All the best in your applications and your future endeavors!

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2005, 05:33
Karun : Congratulations man!!!! You have done it........It doesnt get better than such a wonderful score....All the best applying...

Can you let us know how you felt the individual sections were?

What were your practise test scores? and how mant tests did you take before the actual one?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2005, 08:50
gmat2me2 wrote:
Karun : Congratulations man!!!! You have done it........It doesnt get better than such a wonderful score....All the best applying...

Can you let us know how you felt the individual sections were?

What were your practise test scores? and how mant tests did you take before the actual one?

thanks a lot paul,jvp ad gmat2me2.....
my break up Q(48) v(33) 86%

i did around 8 test papers of acro: the score i them ranged from 660-700!

my kaplan was very strange......but my scores got screwed because of the meths sections ,,,i was getting around 12-17 incorrect!
kaplan1-590
k2-560
k3-540
k4-570

powerpre i got 660, but i told it like 7 days before the exam!!!!

my maths section started with a difficult question and i remember that ques-2,3,4 were all probability!!!! i guess the last mint kaplan preparation helped me ace the maths in a better way!!!!

in verbal i got some trick SC, my RC'S went fine, and CR was also ok, i got no BOLDFACE but got some of them like IF X=Y, THAN X=Z and so on!

i guess the distraction at the test cetre is also a big deal!!! u r under so much of pressure that a little disturbence if enough to set u out of track!!!!

i would seriously sujjest :!: :!: :!: :!: all of you to make sure that your test centre is a big one, and maintains a proper discipline,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and also the number of scrash papers have been reduced from 6 to 4!

my target is nyu or ucla,,,, i know im absolutely out of their avergae but but i have some really stronge recommendations and my brother is a alumnia of ucla!!

hope i make it either by hock or by crock!!!
(((maintained parallesium!)) :)

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2005, 05:28
Congrats Karun & good luck with your applications

Praveen

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2005, 07:14
congrats on your wonderful score....and good luck!

this place really rocks!

cheers!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2005, 09:54
congrats and goodluck
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2005, 18:03
Congrats!

Now on to choosing your schools . . .

Hjort
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: I LOVE EVERYBODY AT GMATCLUB, THIS IS MY FAVOURITE WEBSI [#permalink] New post 03 May 2005, 16:57
Congratulations Karun.
Goodluck for your further struggles.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2005, 09:11
I still wonder what is wrong with Karun's capslock key. Can you kindly let me know?

Congrats man - i'm so glad for your success. All the best in your applications. I had to move my exams because my confidence is yet to peak.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2005, 12:38
Arsene_Wenger wrote:
I still wonder what is wrong with Karun's capslock key. Can you kindly let me know?

Congrats man - i'm so glad for your success. All the best in your applications. I had to move my exams because my confidence is yet to peak.

dude no probs with my caplock's ,,,,,just decieded to right in all caplocks so tht do'nt have toswitch it time and again,,,,,,

whn do u plan to take gmat next!
i hope the deadlines are allup!!! do u plan to for 2006?

[#permalink] 06 May 2005, 12:38