Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 14:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I love this site. Please Help Me out Folks!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I love this site. Please Help Me out Folks! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2003, 10:30
Hello my name is Bruce and I took the GMAT several weeks ago. I am ashamed but I scored a 390 on the test. My downfall was the math. My verbal was percentile was 30%. I did get a 4.5 on the AWA which was better than I thought. However I soon realized I had horrible study materials. I have since purchased the OG 10th ed. and raised my score immediately 50 points in 2 weeks of studying according to the practice test I took on Sunday. I feel like I can do better with help on the Quant section. I am not ashamed to admit my goal is to score a 600 on the test. I am applying for a part-time program at lower tier school. Please help me folks. I have 3 weeks left to study. I am going to take the test again on 07-19-03. Do I have a realistic shot at the 600 score goal I want.

I have 3 weeks until I take the GMAT again. Please help

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1990

Kudos [?]: 6437 [0], given: 3569

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: I love this site. Please Help Me out Folks! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2003, 23:30
Expert's post
Bruce1 wrote:
Hello my name is Bruce and I took the GMAT several weeks ago. I am ashamed but I scored a 390 on the test. My downfall was the math. My verbal was percentile was 30%. I did get a 4.5 on the AWA which was better than I thought. However I soon realized I had horrible study materials. I have since purchased the OG 10th ed. and raised my score immediately 50 points in 2 weeks of studying according to the practice test I took on Sunday. I feel like I can do better with help on the Quant section. I am not ashamed to admit my goal is to score a 600 on the test. I am applying for a part-time program at lower tier school. Please help me folks. I have 3 weeks left to study. I am going to take the test again on 07-19-03. Do I have a realistic shot at the 600 score goal I want.

You have a lot of improvement to go, but it should not be very painful - just refreshing. Try Kaplan's books - the MATH book would be the most effective to go through

The general Kaplan's book with CD is quite "short" and should not take longer than 2 weeks to run through.

-=-
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

3 weeks' prep may not be enough... [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2003, 13:31
If you want to raise your score that much, you really should prep for more than 3 weeks, or take a prep class. A verbal of 30% needs great improvement too. Get Verbal Workout from Princeton Review, and keep doing the official guide questions. If you can delay your test a bit, try a PR course - they give you as much free help outside of class as you need, and the classes are small so you get help there too. I really think you should practice a lot more before retaking. Why the rush to retake again so soon?
3 weeks' prep may not be enough...   [#permalink] 05 Jul 2003, 13:31