Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 80

I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 22:42
Hi guys

I've come to a GMAT centre in my homecountry and my exam had to started 18 minutes ago but there is noone here I'm getting nervous and stressed!! please tell me what to do!!

Thank you
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 334

Kudos [?]: 1361 [0], given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 23:33
Um, I'm not really sure what to do - are you at the right place? If you are then find a GMAC helpline Number from somewhere and call them immediately.
Intern
Intern

Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 03:41
So I've just come home and I'm very angry!!! I'd been waiting there for more one hour and after that the stupid girl came she suggested I took another day to write the test but till 14th of January everything was booked..

I had no other choice except taking the test.. Finally, Received a very frustrating score..

What should I do now punch that silly girl in the face or prepare for another try??:))

Meanwhile my deadlines are gone:))

Wish you all better luck!!
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 387 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 05:17
This post received
KUDOS
I would contact the GMAC and complain about the lack of professionalism at the test center.

Granted, that hour would not have taken away from your exam time, you had the full alloted time. While it was very unprofessional for the test center, that should not have had that dramatic of an impact on your score.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 06:34
Yes mohater you might be write that starting one hour late shouldn't have had dramatic impact on my score but why should I lose at least 10 points because of a girl who doesn't like to wake up early in the morning??

IS IT FARE??
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 387 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 06:48
Of course this isn't "fair", but you can't control someone else's lack of professionalism.

I don't understand what you mean by "why should I lose at least 10 points because of a girl who doesn't like to wake up early in the morning". Her being late should have no bearing on your score.

In any case, escalate this matter to the GMAC. The best outcome would be the GMAC waives your fee for another sitting.

Guduna wrote:
Yes mohater you might be write that starting one hour late shouldn't have had dramatic impact on my score but why should I lose at least 10 points because of a girl who doesn't like to wake up early in the morning??

IS IT FARE??

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8157 [1] , given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 08:35
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Sorry to hear about that - you should contact GMAC - you almost must to notify them of the unprofessionalism to make sure it does not happen again to anyone else. They should be able to provide you an option to re-take or smth like that but they still have a 30 day limitation :(

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Re: I'm at the GMAT centre and noone is here HELP   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2010, 08:35