Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 16:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I'm scared of the GMAT...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: I'm scared of the GMAT... [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2011, 06:00
Ok. A month more to go; OGs, MGMATS, GMAT club material and CATS is all I would focus on now, don't waste time on any other books, my test is on 8th sept, I am done with OG 12N OG verbal, 2 MGMAT quant guides, kaplan strategies book and will finish kaplan 800 this week. Then for 4.5 months its going to be only MGMATs, OGs,gmat club materials and CATs, I assume you are planning to give all MGMAT CATS, 6 of them.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Virginia Tech
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: I'm scared of the GMAT... [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2011, 06:11
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Ok. A month more to go; OGs, MGMATS, GMAT club material and CATS is all I would focus on now, don't waste time on any other books, my test is on 8th sept, I am done with OG 12N OG verbal, 2 MGMAT quant guides, kaplan strategies book and will finish kaplan 800 this week. Then for 4.5 months its going to be only MGMATs, OGs,gmat club materials and CATs, I assume you are planning to give all MGMAT CATS, 6 of them.

It's funny, I had a dream last night that I got a 750 on the actual test...but a 0 on the AWA because I skipped it.

I think I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing for now. Going through the MGMAT guides to build a foundation and doing practice sets to keep my mind working.

I'd like to do the GMATPrep tests, but I don't have access to a PC. Would MGMAT CATS be the next best thing?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: I'm scared of the GMAT... [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2011, 07:53
MGMAT guides are the best stuff to be doing now, when you are doing the quant stuff it keeps tracking back to OGs which should be your focus of attention now; GMAT prep has only 2 tests, you need more CATs for practice, so MGMATs it is.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Virginia Tech
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: I'm scared of the GMAT... [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2011, 07:25
Took a MGMAT this morning and tried to simulate test conditions. Didn't write an actual AWA, but I wrote a few paragraphs and waited the whole hour so I could get used to the actual test length. Woke up at 7am and went to my apartment's computer lab to take it. It was pretty distracting because people were walking in and out all morning.

44Q (73%)
38V (85%)
680 (90%)

This test was really hard. I felt like most of the math questions I didn't know how to do and I guessed on quite a few of them. The verbal I felt I did decent. I haven't taken the time to analyze my mistakes yet, but when I saw my score, I was shocked. I thought I scored well under 600 because the math portion was so hard. I know that it's a good sign when the math is hard, but I recognized many of the problem types and I just did not know how to do them.

I did improve my verbal, and I attribute my improvement to watching the MGMAT class recordings and really just concentrating and focusing.

Exponents and manipulating equations (x in terms of y) are where I really struggle. I'm glad I got the score I did, but I'm not at the confidence level where I can do this well on the actual exam.

*UPDATE*
Q: 19 correct/18 incorrect. Towards the middle of the exam, I missed 5 questions in a row (600-700 and 700-800 before it went down to 500-600 which I got correct)

V: 25 correct/16 incorrect. Missed 5 in a row of 700-800 questions in the beginning of the test.
Re: I'm scared of the GMAT...   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2011, 07:25