Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I need help 3 weeks to go- Now at 640 in CAT :( Need 720

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
I need help 3 weeks to go- Now at 640 in CAT :( Need 720 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 11:00
ok, I have my GMAT in approx 3 weeks.. and I am studying for 3 months now and in betweek probably took a week break due to unplanned stuff.
I started with MGMAT finished all books except RC. Completed 12th Edition OG except partial SC and RC.
Then I took Master the GMAT course for 2-3 weeks and done that.
I have given 6 MGMAT tests and after all these days of hardwork, I am at 640 .. I need atleast 720 for the schools I am targetting and I am not sure if thats feasible in the 3 weeks of time. I am also confused as I didnt see any progress from 2nd test to 6th test..

Please suggest sth
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: I need help 3 weeks to go- Now at 640 in CAT :( Need 720 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 11:59
You should download the GMAT Prep free software and take one of those tests. I hear they are the most accurate indicator of what your score will be on the real test. Definitely review your answers (correct and incorrect) to see what types of mistakes you are making (such as careless errors or not knowing the material). That will help you see where you need to focus. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: I need help 3 weeks to go- Now at 640 in CAT :( Need 720 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 02:43
Logon to gmat.com
Download the GMATprep software and take a practice test.

That will decide your most likely score. Not MGMAT CATs.

GMAT PREP is the best indicator of your approximate score on the real thing.

If you haven't taken it DO IT NOW!

and since you have a few weeks, take the tests a couple of times and exhaust all the prep questions floating in this forum. You will touch a high score for sure

GMAT done - a mediocre score but I still have a lot of grit in me

The last 20 days of my GMAT journey

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.22
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: I need help 3 weeks to go- Now at 640 in CAT :( Need 720 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 14:17
I would start with reviewing your mistakes.

Take a not of mistakes and refer to MGMAT guides for the sections you made a mistake in and quickly re-do them. It shouldn't take you too long to do them again since you've already done them once. This will refresh and consolidate the concepts you learnt earlier.

Most importantly, download GMAT prep as suggested by others. This can be used to gauge your GMAT level and is very accurate in most cases.

I'd also suggest taking powerprep test (old GMAT tests). Here's a link to them:

gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548.html
Re: I need help 3 weeks to go- Now at 640 in CAT :( Need 720   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2011, 14:17