Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 09:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I NEED HELP AND FAST!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I NEED HELP AND FAST!!! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2007, 13:48
I already took the GMAT once and scored a 450. Absolutely horrible! My math score was 20, and my verbal was 31. I did score 6's on my essays. I have already applied to USC and was asked to retake the exam. It was "highly recommended" that I take the exam again I should say. The good news is that they called me to tell me that they wanted me to take the exam again, the bad news is that I have to take it by the 18th. How can I study on a fast track to bounce my scores up to 580-600. The first time I took the exam I didn't know that I couldn't use a calculator. I hadn't taken a standardized test in years. I had no idea that I couldn't use my calculator. When I found out that morning I was completely thrown out of my comfort zone. I went and picked up a Kaplan Math Workbook to work on the basics. I also picked up a sentence correction workbook as well. Any advice on an intense study schedule to get me through the exam again. I mainly have a hard time with DS problems. Please help me!!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

[#permalink] New post 22 May 2007, 14:06
18th June? That's enough time to get to 580 - 600 :lol: .

Start with PR 2007. Should take you 10 days to finish if you have a full-time job with reasonable working hours.
Then do the Quant in NOVA and start with OG-V.
Keep revising concepts/ mistakes.
I suggest you take as much time off work as you can. Do this and you'll fly past the 600 mark :pilot
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 09:26
Agree with vikramjit_01.
A month of focused effort can get to your target score.

First you need to come up with the strategy and study plan though.

Your verbal score is already in target range. You will need significant improvement on quantative side.

My suggestion is to focus primarily on quantative questions while maintaining or slightly improving your verbal performance.

GMAT has a fixed set of math concepts (e.g., number properties, ratios, percentages, geometry...etc). You need to familar with those. Beyond that is just practice, practice and practice. Track your hit percentages on each category. DS questions are special for GMAT and can be tricky - the key is to learn the techniques and apply the math concepts.

You may want to consider taking GMAT classes especially for math.

Good luck and your goal is very reacheable!
SVP
SVP
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 322 [0], given: 1

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 01:50
Hey guys,

I am new here, and guys could you please tell me what is PR2007? and how can I get it?

thank you
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 10:12
SoCal, the fact that they've asked you to take it again should be very encouraging. Keep taking timed sections. Did you bomb the first time because of timing issues? Or were you just poorly prepared? Identify your problem area/areas and attack!!! Great luck.
  [#permalink] 29 May 2007, 10:12