Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

i need help in learning how to study right?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

i need help in learning how to study right? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 12:26
I've been studying the gmat for about 2-3 months because I am a bad standardized test taker. After taking my first practice test i got a 550 and i was like all right this is the average score. I did all right on the math but i did better in the verbal. So i thought i'd focus on the math for a week and do another practice a week and a half later. I figure that since i did better in the reading then i don't have to focus on that. However, that week was my first week of work and I didn't have time to study a lot of math. I could only focus on the weak points and when i took the test a week and a half later i got 9 more correct on the math section but i did worse on the reading. I was feeling tired on the reading section and i wasn't concentrating hard enough. I know I wasn't focusing so i believe that is the reason why i did worse on the reading. Is there a way to practice my stamina for my reading since it is the last section of the gmat. I believe that if i can have the stamina then i can get into the 600 which is my goal. I figure that if i read a boring article that I am not interested in everyday for a weak while practicing my math that I can do that. Is there something else that I can do?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 465

Kudos [?]: 1834 [0], given: 29

Re: i need help in learning how to study right? [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 12:15
Expert's post
rsiddiqu wrote:
I've been studying the gmat for about 2-3 months because I am a bad standardized test taker. After taking my first practice test i got a 550 and i was like all right this is the average score. I did all right on the math but i did better in the verbal. So i thought i'd focus on the math for a week and do another practice a week and a half later. I figure that since i did better in the reading then i don't have to focus on that. However, that week was my first week of work and I didn't have time to study a lot of math. I could only focus on the weak points and when i took the test a week and a half later i got 9 more correct on the math section but i did worse on the reading. I was feeling tired on the reading section and i wasn't concentrating hard enough. I know I wasn't focusing so i believe that is the reason why i did worse on the reading. Is there a way to practice my stamina for my reading since it is the last section of the gmat. I believe that if i can have the stamina then i can get into the 600 which is my goal. I figure that if i read a boring article that I am not interested in everyday for a weak while practicing my math that I can do that. Is there something else that I can do?

Dear rsiddiqu,
I'm going to recommend this GMAT study schedule:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-gm ... beginners/
This schedule is designed to pace you through a rounded mix of material for overall preparation.
Here's a blog about a perspective on GMAT RC that you may not have considered.
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/curiosity- ... n-success/
You may find this blog helpful in general --- it's full of practice questions and strategies, in both math & verbal
http://magoosh.com/gmat/
Finally, here's a free RC practice question.
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/3464

I hope this helps.
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Re: i need help in learning how to study right?   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2013, 12:15