Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I Need Help: Manhattan GMAT 8 Study Guides (Study Plan)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I Need Help: Manhattan GMAT 8 Study Guides (Study Plan) [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2011, 15:09
Hi everyone. I've been a member for what seems like an eternity but recently became active. I stalked GMAT CLUB without activating my account until a few days ago I need some advice on creating a study plan using the Manhattan GMAT 8 Study Guides. I can't decide whether to use one book at a time or use one in conjunction with another. I have not set a date. I will most likely be applying for the Fall 2013 or 2014 academic school year. I am currently 20 and completing my last year of school. I would like to take the GMAT by January. I hope to complete the books within 2-3 months so I can focus on taking practice tests and working on problem areas.

Any advice?

Additional note: I also have the KAPLAN Premier 2012 book.
The 8 Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides (5 Quantitative, 3 Verbal) are the heart of our curriculum. Our 5 Quantitative Strategy Guides provide in-depth instruction in the GMAT’s principal quantitative content areas: Number Properties, Fractions, Decimals, & Percents, Word Translations, Equations, Inequalities, & VIC’s, and Geometry. Our 3 Verbal Strategy Guides provide in-depth instruction in the GMAT’s principal verbal content areas: Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.

Thanks for your help in advance
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: I Need Help: Manhattan GMAT 8 Study Guides (Study Plan) [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2011, 00:38
Hi
Please check Whiplash's GMAT Journey thread. It will benefit you immensely ;)

Good luck...

shoot-for-the-stars-reach-a-treetop-99792.html

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: I Need Help: Manhattan GMAT 8 Study Guides (Study Plan) [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 04:40
Start off with a practice test and develop a study plan. Work from your weakest section up. Keep an error log to determine the WHY aspect of your faults and how to correct them.

Don't blindly study and then take practice tests. Take a practice test every so often to gauge progress, use practice test results to document improvements and setbacks (very important to always use your error log on all problems, problem sets and practice tests). Save some practice tests for the end (at least 2 or 3 tests). Adjust your study plan if necessary.

The key is don't be rigid, don't let a bad practice test get you down, and an error log is your key to success.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: I Need Help: Manhattan GMAT 8 Study Guides (Study Plan)   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2011, 04:40