1) The y-intercept of a line L is 4. If the slope of L is negative, which of the following could be the x-intercept of L?A
d)I and II
e)I and III
... ? quick visualization .. ?
2) A circular cloth with a diameter of 20 inches is placed on a circular tray with a diameter of 24 inches. What fraction of the trayâ€™s surface is NOT covered by the cloth?
area = pie.r^2
not covered = pie.12^2 - pie.10^2
fraction = 44/(12*12) = 11/36C
3) For any positive integer n, the length of n is defined as the number of prime factors whose product is n. For example, the length of 75 is 3, since 75 = 3 * 5 * 5. How many two-digit positive integers have length 6?
Start with 2 to check the lowest number with length 6,
2*2*2*2*2*2 = 64
substitute one two with 3, and product becomes 96
substitute two 1s with two 3s, prod becomes more than 2 digits
answer = 2 numbers (64 and 96) C
4) Two members of a club are to be selected to represent the club at a national meeting. If there are 190 different possible selections of the 2 members, how many members does the club have?Dont know pom and com but I think answer should be xC2 = 190.
5) Bobby bought two shares of stock, which he sold for $96 each. If he had a profit of 20 percent on the sale of one of the shares but a loss of 20 percent on the sale of the other share, then on the sale of both shares combined Bobby had
a)a profit of $10
b)a profit of $8
c)a loss of $8
d)a loss of $10
e)neither a profit nor a loss