Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

i need suggestion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

i need suggestion [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2011, 02:37
hi ,
i'm shreyas babu from Bangalore ,India.
i have done my 3 year full time diploma program in planning and entrepreneurship at which specializing in marketing and finance in indian intitute of planning and management, Bangalore of which affiliated in IMI, Belgium.i'm just a fresher, i would to do higher studies,
so please suggest ideas what i can do like Msc in finance or direct MBA in some decent university.
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: i need suggestion [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 04:28
Hi,

First of all, we would like to clarify whether the program you have completed at IIPM is the same as the 3-year full-time Integrated Programme in National Economic Planning and Entrepreneurship. In that case you will now be having the BBA degree from IMI with a specialization in marketing and finance.
With the completion of your under-graduation, the first question that you should ask yourself is whether you want to work now or you want to go back to studies immediately. This is important as this will help you in deciding in which area you want to pursue higher education and when. Also you will have to ask yourself, which are your areas of interest.

Masters in Finance and MBA are two very different paths which will lead to different careers. A masters in Finance will teach you all the tools and details of finance for a career in finance (Investment Banks). Some people chose to do the CFA which is also an advance degree suited for people interested in Financial jobs. That is another option you have.

While an MBA would prepare you for managerial roles. You can have a general MBA or a specialization depending on where you are going for your MBA. The question is, what would interest you and what are your strengths? Also, you will have to ask yourself whether you want to work for some time in the relevant area to pursue an MSc in Finance or an MBA? Based on further analysis and an understanding of what are your expectations about universities (good/ decent), you would be able to make a choice of which places to apply to and when.

Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: i need suggestion   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2011, 04:28