Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I suck at quant and desperately need to go over the basics

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

I suck at quant and desperately need to go over the basics [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2005, 12:09
I suck at quant and desperately need to go over the basics with someone. The only tutors I can find in my area are math tutors and not specific to the GMAT. I am looking for some sort of bulleted list of the various types of quant questions asked on the GMAT. Does anything exist?

I saw the sticky above and that's nice, but Im looking for something a little more professional and easier to provide to a professor to help me. Thanks!
-A Frustrated Quant Hater.
________
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2005, 13:18
Welcome!

Do you have a copy of the Official Guide? If you do, there is a math overview section that basically outlines the math you'll need to know to take the test. Start working through OG's math and keep an error log. The error log should tell you which quant area is your weakness (algebra, geometry, arithmetic...etc etc)

If you want to go over the basics, here is a good website http://www.wtamu.edu/academic/anns/mps/math/mathlab/

I would also suggest looking over the sticky posts in this math forum.

However, that's just an overview and in order to improve on quant scores, you'll need to participlate actively in this forum and read the answers that are posted and understand the concept.

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Thanks [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2005, 13:39
Thank you very much. I hope to improve my quant score enough to score above a 600. Verbal percentile is 85 and quant is an abysmal 24th percentile.

Do you think that's possible to accomplish in 3-4 weeks time?
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2005, 13:56
You gotta have a starting point, I would suggest finding your weaknes in concepts/question types or(DS, PS) or timing first and develop a detailed study plan for these 3-4 weeks. OG would be a good place to start...master it from cover to cover.
  [#permalink] 21 Nov 2005, 13:56