I think i am done with gmat now, although i dont have that 700, but chuck it!
I came back from the center today and was relieved to see
although one should get a 700 with these individual scores, but anyways.
I started my gmat story an year back, when i got a 650. I knew i had the potential but didnt get a good score. My preparation was not upto the mark.I went ahead and applied to a couple of colleges , got through 1 good US university with scholarship but i thought ,let me give the gmat another shot and see if i can get a better score.
I waited for an year, took classes, prepared really hard and in october 2010, i got a score of 650,again.
I was devasted, didnt know wht to do where to go, knowing i was prepared this time and was getting good scores on the practice exams, i felt shattered.
I never wanted to give the gmat again, but my father encouraged me to give it once more.
This time, i did not practise I just did a few tests of verbal and did few gmat club maths tests.
Some things that i learned about the gmat and want to share are:
1) Today i just concentrated on the first 20 questions of each section.I tried to get as many right out of the first 20 questions.Although i ran out of time in my verbal section as i took 45mins for first 20 questions but anyways i feel they are the most important to get a good score.
2) Preparation for gmat i believe is 2 fold-
1- your academic preparation for the exam
2- mental preparation
I believe its very important to prepare yourself mentally for the exam and have the right mindset during the entire exam.
I know many people are stuck with their gmat.
All i can say for non native speakers:
1) read a lot, try reading as much as possible, read novels, read books etc
2) Definitely do Manhattan sentence correction
3) one can do the CR bible for CR else manhattan has very good explanation for CR answers.
4)For maths i think gmat club tests
is a good source.
5)Most important i believe, is the right mindset. Go in with the right mindset. Dont be overconfident and dont be underconfident. Keep your head on your shoulders for 4 hours and you will make it thru.
i think if i cant get into a good colg with 690, then even a 700 wont help me.
I will go ahead and apply with this score.