Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 01:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I've got 600, what to do further?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 22

I've got 600, what to do further? [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 20:56
Hi guys,
I have got my GMAT and certainly was not glad with my score, though it was my best result out of 3 formal tries. But to be competitive I need more. I got the reminder letter from gmatclub supposing that I might forget the club. How I could do so! I know that club tests and forums members' advices has helped me in my even modest headway. I know that it is time for deadly preparation and have made my plan. Again, I used study plans suggested in club.
That it is:

Formal GMAT score in 15/11/2013

AWA: 4.5 out of 6.0
Integrated Reasoning (IR): 4 out of 8
Quantitative (Q): 42 out of 60
Verbal (V): 30 out of 60
Total: 600 out of 800 :oops:

My Goals:
AWA: 5.5 out of 6.0
Integrated Reasoning (IR): 6 out of 8
Quantitative (Q): 47 out of 60
Verbal (V): 45 out of 60
Total: 730 out of 800 :P

Preparation strategy:
Math
Month #1,2: Strengthening math concept by detailed review of MGMAT books (NP, WP, Algebra, Geometry) and may be other
Month #2,3: Doing isolated math portion of GMAT tests using all necessary database of tests until get 90% of correct answers in most of them
Month #3,4: Doing gmatclub math tests to face with hard questions
Month #4,5: Developing combined test strategy for GMAT with use full time mocks

Verbal
Months #1: Continuous reading of books, journals, academic texts etc.
Month #2: Strengthening SC by use of MGMAT books with Grammar book. Continuous reading of books, journals, academic texts etc.
Month #2,3: Review of CR knowledge and skills for different questions types. Including more complicated (evaluation, similar reasoning, flaw in reasoning). Review the RC basic skills (MGMAT book). Continuous reading of books, journals, academic texts etc.
Month #3,4: Doing isolated Verbal tests and questions from gmatclub bank. Continuous reading of books, journals, academic texts etc.
Month #4,5: Developing combined test strategy for GMAT with use full time mocks. Continuous reading of books, journals, academic texts etc.

AWA, IR
Month #4,5: Doing AWA and IR practice

My preparation period is for 6 months. You can see that my Verbal is terrible but I started with Math to strengthen it. Now, I started with MGMAT books for the first month. I would be pleased to see you comments
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
I've got 600, what to do further?   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2013, 20:56