Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I've just finished the 63 RC passages of GMAT Plus and if I

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

I've just finished the 63 RC passages of GMAT Plus and if I [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2003, 18:27
I've just finished the 63 RC passages of GMAT Plus and if I could have patience to reach the last passage and finish it so one can imagine the worth of practicing each and every passage of GMAT Plus. I could do this as RC has been my weak area and I was just not able to practice,practice, and practice to find a strategy which suits my style, but after finishing 63 passages I atleast know which style gets me the highest score and I know how to kill RC. I've got such a good hang of GMAT type questions and what to look for while answering etc etc.
In a nutshell for anybody who is week in RC my suggestion is to devote one full day on this... its worth all the effort ad time.

The only thing wrong with GMAT Plus is its word format, I just cut and pasted the questions in front of the passage to make navigation a little better.

aps_can
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2003, 21:40
believe me, once I did the same -- simple increasing the number of the passages that you have done does not increase your score significantly.

You have to know STRATEGIES. Moreover, you have to know how to employ them correctly. Otherwise, you will do the same mistakes over and over again.

It is just like trying to crash a brick. You may spend years by trying to get it done with a naked hand. But all you need is a HAMMER, and a couple of attempts just to understand how it works.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 06:27
Correct! Gmat Plus helped in fine tuning the strategies. Thats what my point is!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 19:44
Is GMAT plus a book? who publishes it?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2156

Kudos [?]: 7563 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2003, 21:46
Expert's post
KSS wrote:
Is GMAT plus a book? who publishes it?

Nobody does. It is a left over from an Indian Company that existed 1.5 years ago. I still remember their website, but they are history now.

I think they were shut down but I don't know who did it... GMAC maybe.

They took Western Union and nothing else. Crazy.
  [#permalink] 11 Jul 2003, 21:46