Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Nov 2014, 22:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 722

Kudos [?]: 3315 [0], given: 942

IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 04:53
Expert's post

Attachment:
Admissionado Chat Transcript - Tips for R3 and European School Applications.pdf [386.82 KiB]
Downloaded 16 times
To download please login or register as a user

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE: Sales (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 15

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 07:49
I have got an invitation for the personal interview although they said they will contact me once again to let me know the exact details.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 19:40
siddharthkanjilal wrote:
I have got an invitation for the personal interview although they said they will contact me once again to let me know the exact details.

They will call you to schedule the interview. It took them 2 weeks to call me after I received the original invite email.
Current Student

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 12:15
Got the call yesterday. Scheduled the interview for the 25th - three days after my ESADE interview.
Current Student

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 07:12
siddharthkanjilal wrote:
Got the call yesterday. Scheduled the interview for the 25th - three days after my ESADE interview.

I'm trying to decide between ESADE and IE right now. Would you share your thoughts on the schools?

Thanks!
Current Student

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 01:22
thefinancelady wrote:
siddharthkanjilal wrote:

I'm trying to decide between ESADE and IE right now. Would you share your thoughts on the schools?

Thanks!

He thefinancelady. Sorry for the late response. I received an admit from IE yesterday but am yet to hear anything from ESADE. I also am finding it extremely difficult to select between the two especially considering my short and long term career goals. Both colleges have large alumni bases and official chapters in the UAE and both are very focused on entrepreneurship.

IE seems to score better in most of the rankings except The Economist's which has ESADE higher. Regarding duration, I was initially looking at one year programs only. However, people have stressed a lot about the importance of an internship and the exchange school program; I am not sure if 13 months at IE will be feasible for doing both. Also I was told by my IE interviewer that internships are NOT usually arranged by the career center. My ESADE interviewer did mention that IE is not as recognized in Spain as ESADE or IESE but that is probably because it is the newest of the three schools. These are probably my only concerns about IE.

It would be foolish of me to comment about ESADE at this stage without having received a decision.

Personally I think my ESADE interview went better than IE's and I was not very confident of landing this admit. But I believe my essay, video and powerpoint presentations were strong (I had spent A LOT OF TIME on them).

I am now discussing with my business associates, family and friends and will probably take a call end of this month. Hopefully ESADE will respond by then as well. Please let me know your views.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 07:56
Has anybody started looking for accommodation?
Current Student

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 11:24
I'm still trying to decide April vs November intake. I can't decide if an internship is worth delaying my start (and graduation) by six months. Any thoughts?
Current Student

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2013, 23:42
thefinancelady wrote:
I'm still trying to decide April vs November intake. I can't decide if an internship is worth delaying my start (and graduation) by six months. Any thoughts?

Internships are harder for those going for the April intake (based on feedback I have received from a current student) . I guess an internship is important for anyone who is looking to change his or her line. If that is not a concern for you, I would agree that delaying makes no sense. I also understand that the April intake has fewer students (around 200+) compared to November (500+).

All the best!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 16:47
Anyone who has taken interview recently with IE .. can you please share your experience in terms of questions and timings?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 10:48
Hi siddharthkanjilal,

How is the job scene in Spain and what prospects does someone has as far as international placements are concerned? I mean if you have done all these research.

From what i have learned, its difficult to settle in Spain or for that matter in Europe since work visas are hard to find. Also, language is a major barrier.

Any inputs will be really helpful.

Cheers!!
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 172

Kudos [?]: 1093 [0], given: 1007

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 12:19
Expert's post
This is for the information of all R3 as well as European school applicants.

Admissanado experts - Jon and Lauren - conducted Q&A chat in GMATCLUB chat room few days back in which they offered tips and guidance to prospective R3 & European school applicants.
I have updated the first post with the transcript of this chat. Interested members can download this transcript from there.

Good luck to everyone applying and have a nice weekend. :)

Thank You!

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Expert Post

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:20
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Expert Post

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:16
Expert's post

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 10:45
This post received
KUDOS
i have a few questions related to IE business school.

1) Whats the job scene post IMBA? I have done some research( looked online, talk to Alumni etc), the common theme is it all depends on you . Work visas are hard to find, and most of the alumni that i talked to had to move back to their home country.

2) Spanish is a must. You just cannot work without it in Spain. So better to learn the language before you get in .
3) Without the scholarship the degree is quite expensive, considering that its just a one year course.

PLease do let me know if my observations are correct? I will really appreciate the same.
IE Thread Master
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2014, 20:19
Hello All,

I've started a new thread for us November, 2014 IMBA applicants at IE:
november-2014-imba-at-ie-calling-all-applicants-168546.html
IE Thread Master
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2014, 07:46
Hello All,

It's been two weeks since my first interview, and I just received a mail informing me about a second interview (date to be scheduled).
I'm wondering if any of you on this forum attended a second interview? If so, please share insights!

Thank you!
Re: IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2014, 07:46