Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 09:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 03:18
Helloo all!

so I am facing a major dilemma- I have gotten accepted into both IE and ESADE for Fall 2011 MSc in International Management and simply cannot take a decision.
I have 5 more days to decide and am at a total loss.

Any opinions??? :? :? :? :?
Intern
Intern

Re: IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 04:09
Hi,

I am programme manager for the MSc in International Program at ESADE. Anything I can answer to you regarding the academic program or career services in order to help you out with the choice?

You can contact me at sabyne.moras@esade.edu.

regards
Sabyne

Sabyne Moras
MSc programme manager
Intern
Intern

Re: IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!! [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2011, 15:18
Hi there. I am an MBA student who was faced with the same decision, IE or ESADE. I am a Canadian who applied to three schools: ESADE, IE and Queens U in Canada. My first choice was a Spanish school because I wanted international experience and the opportunity to gain fluency in the Spanish language (I've been studying Spanish in Latin America for 6 months already). I was accepted to all three schools and spent a lot of time agonizing over the choice. In the end I chose ESADE for a few reasons: First, they seem to have more of a focus on industry as opposed to finance...and I am an industry guy with nine years of experience working in emerging technologies for the publishing sector. IE seems to be trying to compete as an alternative for traditional MBA applicants with an alternative approach of focusing on entrepeneurship. Third, ESADE has a humanistic approach with a mandate for promoting socially responsible business...and they focus on building strong leaders. In the end it was a gut decision, but for me ESADE seemed the better choice because I wanted to top school with strong values that would help me become a strong leader in my chosen industry. My sense is that IE has more buzz at the moment and might be better if you're a classic finance or consulting person or a former engineer (the traditional MBA applicants).

Out of curiosity, let me know your choice and why.

Steve
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 06:37
kbaksh wrote:
Helloo all!

so I am facing a major dilemma- I have gotten accepted into both IE and ESADE for Fall 2011 MSc in International Management and simply cannot take a decision.
I have 5 more days to decide and am at a total loss.

Any opinions??? :? :? :? :?

I recently read an article with ESADE MSc in International Management student Louis Legros. He says that ESADE Business School stood out for “its notoriety, its location, its focus on people and diversity, its careers service and alumni network.” In fact it is the only Business School he applied to. Read the article at: http://www.businessbecause.com/news/bus ... ness-81224
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 20:18
Hi! I recently got admitted to ESADE's Msc in Marketing Management and from what I've been reading and hearing about it, the program and the school are great! I also got into IE for Msc in International Management but in the end I chose ESADE because of the location and the program. I felt like the Marketing Management program suited me more because it is more specific right away with subjects like Brand Management instead of having to go through core management courses all over again. I also talked to some alumni who said really great things about the school and student life.
Re: IE vs ESADE MSc in International Management!!   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2011, 20:18