Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 13:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IESE 2014 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 562

Kudos [?]: 1883 [0], given: 650

IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 08:11
Expert's post

From the Blog of ADMISSIONADO

Insider’s Guide to IESE

Oh, hello there.

Good to have you back, joining us on our journey across the pond to look at the best of the best European MBA programs. We already took a gander at the ins and outs of INSEAD, and today we’re gonna turn our sites to Spain. So let’s dig into IESE, one of the top three Spanish business schools, and, according to the Financial Times, one of the top 10 schools in Europe.

The What

IESE offers a world-class program on two Campuses in Spain’s two largest and most business-friendly cities – Madrid (for the EMBA programs) and Barcelona.

Although IESE had a very diverse and mobile student body – much like most programs in Europe – in many ways the program is quite different from most European MBAs, and actually more closely resembles the typical US MBA programs.

First of all, the average age for IESE students is 28, which is considerably younger than most other European MBA programs that have an average age of 30+.
Secondly, unlike most other top European schools that offer 1-year programs, IESE’s MBA programs is 19 months.

IESE is also less industry oriented than many Euro MBAs, and far stronger in the two traditional industries of recruitment for MBA grads – Finance and Consulting, with about half the graduating class going into these two business mainstays. IESE is also the only place you can get a Harvard education outside of Harvard, as they use the Harvard case-study method as their study method of choice.

Notable for its Spanish location, IESE is one of the few schools in Europe that has excellent connections with Latin America, and in the last graduating class 12% of the class went on to find jobs in Latin America.

The Who

IESE’s grads are a mighty diverse bunch. They come, like in many European programs, from….well… EVERYWHERE. Case in point: more than 80% of the class of 280 students came from places OUTSIDE of Spain. And given its connection with Latin America, a far larger portion (between 10-15% in recent years) of the student body come from that part of the world.

That’s some serious diversity, folks.

The How – Tips for Getting In

Besides the good old recipe for success of great GMAT + fantastic GPA at a great school + strong work experience, IESE is building a name for itself in the area of Entrepreneurship. So it is a particularly good destination for candidates who either come from or intend to go into entrepreneurship (family business counts too!).

Also, given that the school is an initiative of the Catholic Church’s Opus Dei, it should come as no surprise that IESE considers ethics to be a fundamental part of the business school studies and experience. So if you can work that into your overall profile in some way, that’s gonna help you show your fit with IESE in a very strong (and organic!) way.

IESE also likes students who are well-rounded, who have lives and interests that extend beyond their work experience. What instruments can you play? Were you ever a pro sports player? Are you impassioned for the art of Goya? Show a bit of general culture and diversity and it can go a long way.

Leadership, and especially international leadership is also highly regarded, although not a necessary prerequisite like it might be at schools like INSEAD, LBS, etc.

Bottom Line

Although it doesn’t yet have the same prestige, make no mistake: IESE is one of the best schools in Europe, playing in the same field as INSEAD and LBS. IESE grads are talking to the same recruiters, and making the same salaries as grads from those more well-known programs! And besides its general strength as an international MBA program, it is especially good for those who intend to work in Europe or South America after their studies, and who want to have that extra time to really make the most of business school.
- See more at: http://gmatclub.com/blog/2014/01/inside ... u0pCZ.dpuf

Attachment:
Admissionado Chat Transcript - Tips for R3 and European School Applications.pdf [386.82 KiB]
Downloaded 30 times
To download please login or register as a user

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 391 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 00:50
Expert's post
Folks,
Any idea whether IESE has two intakes like IE?

These two schools appear quite silent..! :o

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 15

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 14:37
bagdbmba wrote:
Folks,
Any idea whether IESE has two intakes like IE?

These two schools appear quite silent..! :o

No, unfortunately it only has one intake, in September.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2013, 07:01
Placement question.

Could any alumni speak to the recruitment outside of Spain? I would love to Spanish while at school and IESE offers this while also being a top school. Canadian banks are exanding quickly in to Latin America and there are many positions openning up to Spanish speakers. I, however, don't want to necessarily pigeon hole myself to coming back to the same company if they aren't going to pay for school. Are there many recruiters for North American offices (doesn't have to be Canada) or are most of the positions on the job report students returning back home?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2013, 21:02
Very quiet on this board - anyone hear back for interviews on Round 1 submissions?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 06:21
jefflee007 wrote:
Very quiet on this board - anyone hear back for interviews on Round 1 submissions?

Yup. Interviewed late last month. Yet to get an AD invite.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 11:31
I'm going in for the interview and assessment day in NYC this week. Likely participate in the Open Day as well.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2013, 20:33
mistablair wrote:
Placement question.

Could any alumni speak to the recruitment outside of Spain? I would love to Spanish while at school and IESE offers this while also being a top school. Canadian banks are exanding quickly in to Latin America and there are many positions openning up to Spanish speakers. I, however, don't want to necessarily pigeon hole myself to coming back to the same company if they aren't going to pay for school. Are there many recruiters for North American offices (doesn't have to be Canada) or are most of the positions on the job report students returning back home?

Thanks.

I have the same question in mind - would love to hear from an alum
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 695 [1] , given: 786

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 21:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 23:19
Hi Guys,
Any idea about the expected time between application submission and receipt of interview invitation.
I submitted my application in Round 2 on January, 5 and was wondering when should I start getting worried about not getting an interview invite.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 530 Q39 V28
GPA: 3.85
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 06:15
This post received
KUDOS
binmahmood wrote:
Hi Guys,
Any idea about the expected time between application submission and receipt of interview invitation.
I submitted my application in Round 2 on January, 5 and was wondering when should I start getting worried about not getting an interview invite.

I submitted my application in Round 2 on January 4 and got an invitation on January 14.
Intern
Intern

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 20:48
Rashidmsu wrote:
binmahmood wrote:
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application in Round 2 on January 4 and got an invitation on January 14.

Thanks a lot. One thing I forgot to mention is that I submitted one of the recommendations on January 13. So they might have considered my application complete then.
By the way, best of luck for the interview and please sure your experience once you are done with it.
Best regards,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 14:22
Hi all!

I'll be interviewed next week for the iese mba. Anyone planning to attend the Open Day and Assessment Day on Feb 7th & 8th?
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 786

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 12:23
Expert's post
This is for the information of all R3 as well as European school applicants.

Admissanado experts - Jon and Lauren - conducted Q&A chat in GMATCLUB chat room few days back in which they offered tips and guidance to prospective R3 & European school applicants.
I have updated the first post with the transcript of this chat. Interested members can download this transcript from there.

Good luck to everyone applying and have a nice weekend. :)

Thank You!

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 530 Q39 V28
GPA: 3.85
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 15:59
gi2014 wrote:
Hi all!

I'll be interviewed next week for the iese mba. Anyone planning to attend the Open Day and Assessment Day on Feb 7th & 8th?

I am going to attend Assessment Day on Feb 8th.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 06:36
Aren't you coming to the Open Day on the 7th? See you at the Assesst. Day, so!
Intern
Intern

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 20:44
gi2014 wrote:
Hi all!

Good luck for your interview.
I am now starting to get a little worried as I haven't received an invite yet :(
Expert Post

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:21
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)

Expert Post

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:16
Expert's post

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 05:42
Did anyone from India get an invite for the Singapore AD on 22nd Feb?

Thanks
Re: IESE 2014 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2014, 05:42