Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 22:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 13:08
I currently have 3 offers in my hand
1) IESE, spain
2) HEC, Paris
3) ISB, India
Although happy, I am confused which to choose. The deadlines for submitting the initial non-refundable amount are approaching. So any quick suggestion is welcome. I am more inclined towards HEC, Paris.
I am an Indian so ISB is also a good option for me. But I really wanna choose the best out of them.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 04:00
TopNotch wrote:
1) IESE, spain
2) HEC, Paris
3) ISB, India
Although happy, I am confused which to choose. The deadlines for submitting the initial non-refundable amount are approaching. So any quick suggestion is welcome. I am more inclined towards HEC, Paris.
I am an Indian so ISB is also a good option for me. But I really wanna choose the best out of them.

Everyone approach this selection based on his/her own priorities.

First you need to answer how crucial is post study placement?
How confident are you that you can get a job where few odds are against you?
Where would you like to work immediately after your studies?

Quality is subjective, specially when you are comparing apple with orange but the answer to above will help you to choose the most suited for you. ISB is really strong, much stronger than the ranking really thinks BUT, you will be surrounded by 90%+ Indians or people of Indian touch. Only a handful of so called foreigners may not be the ideal types of class mixure that you are looking at. Then again, if job is the single most priority you have then ISM almost guarantee jobs whereas as a non EU student, you will have multitude of issues(language/visa) to land in a great job. It is not that all had equal amount of hardship but, you never know your luck. The extreme unluckies even had to pack their baggage and join an IT co in B'lore. It's a different story that they CLAIM that was their original objective!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 09:39
wouldbecrazy wrote:
TopNotch wrote:
1) IESE, spain
2) HEC, Paris
3) ISB, India

Everyone approach this selection based on his/her own priorities.

First you need to answer how crucial is post study placement?
How confident are you that you can get a job where few odds are against you?
Where would you like to work immediately after your studies?

Quality is subjective, specially when you are comparing apple with orange but the answer to above will help you to choose the most suited for you. ISB is really strong, much stronger than the ranking really thinks BUT, you will be surrounded by 90%+ Indians or people of Indian touch. Only a handful of so called foreigners may not be the ideal types of class mixure that you are looking at. Then again, if job is the single most priority you have then ISM almost guarantee jobs whereas as a non EU student, you will have multitude of issues(language/visa) to land in a great job. It is not that all had equal amount of hardship but, you never know your luck. The extreme unluckies even had to pack their baggage and join an IT co in B'lore. It's a different story that they CLAIM that was their original objective!!

I fully agree with you. I can't even imagine to compete with ISB almni if I want to work in indian subcontinent. But on the other hand its not true that indians find difficulties in finding jobs. I have talked to the alums of both IESE and HEC and what they have told me is that I you want to work in india, these colleges are not for you. Both of these colleges have an excellent alumni network. Plus these to colleges have better reputation in the international market. ISB has a good image in india but worldwide IESE and HEC are ahead of ISB.
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 303 [1] , given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 04:43
This post received
KUDOS
Can you share the info about Job opportunities for Indians post HEC.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 2

Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 04:52
This post received
KUDOS
AbhiJ wrote:

Can u tell me the job opportunities for "INDIANS" post HBS??
No college tells job opportunities nationality wise.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 06:13
TopNotch wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

It is tough to generalise like Indian but definitely possible to say something about EU and Asian candidates. And honestly, Asian has a lower pooint to start with. That means, you need to work harder than your EU counterparts.
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 303 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 10:01
TopNotch wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

Yes I can tell you post Top M7 US B Schools opportunities are awesome. See 'wouldbecrazy' gave a better answer than you even when he has not interacted with HEC graduates.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 1

Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 20:07
This post received
KUDOS
AbhiJ wrote:
TopNotch wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

Yes I can tell you post Top M7 US B Schools opportunities are awesome. See 'wouldbecrazy' gave a better answer than you even when he has not interacted with HEC graduates.

Cool down bro. Look at the very first post and you will find the key word!!

By the way, there are too many schools, where many find difficulties to get 'A JOB' and there are few schools where students are evaluating 'THE JOB'. Unfortunately, Almost all European schools, except a very few falls under the first category. Where as the picture is generally much better in India, US, HK, AU and even SG. I am talking about OUTLOOK not the statistics, which are prepared for the purpose.
Non-Human User
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2014, 08:48
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: IESE Vs. HEC Vs. ISB   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2014, 08:48