Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 21:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

If the public library shared by the adjacent towns of

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2005, 23:50
ywilfred wrote:
HowManyToGo wrote:
cloudz9 wrote:
i would go for B...

they are trying to say that more ppl live in location Y than location X and ppl only go to the library if its close to them...
what if Y is bigger than X...it would mean that ppl living at the outskirts of Y are not within 'walking distance' of the library and hence wouldn't go....

I vote for E.

Well, if Y was indeed bigger it would have been an even bigger difficutly for them to reach the lib in X than when it is relocated to Y.

HMTG.
OE please ??

Well, having more people live in the area doesn't mean more people will visit the library. That's a pretty hugh assumption to make in between isnt it?

yeah but the argument states that the reason the second place is preferred is that there are more people in the area and thus more ppl will be encouraged to go to the library due to being within walking distance...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR: Public library [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2005, 01:11
ywilfred wrote:
HongHu wrote:
Fact: More people live in center G than in central R.
Premise: People will walk to the library only if it is locted close to their homes.
Conclusion: Library building in central G is within walking distance of a larger number of users.

To get to the conclusion we have to prove that more people live within walking distance to the library. If the two area are the same size, then the higher density area would generate more people within walking distance, no matter how walking distance is defined. Therefore B is correct.

E is out of scope, and actually weakens the argument by defuse the premise by stating people is willing to walk to the library even if it is located farther then what is normally considered walking distance.

Good one honghu, I failed to get the proper conclusion for this passage. :oops:

I finally got the finer point , thanks HH.

HMTG.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2005, 02:09
B.
  [#permalink] 03 Jun 2005, 02:09