Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 12:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 07:39
If you had to choose between buying either one, which one would it be? I'm planning on using the free test that each offers but I want to buy more and can only afford to buy a couple of GMAT club tests or the MGMAT tests (looks like its 6 for 39.00 I think). Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12062
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8174 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 10:57
Expert's post
sk88 wrote:
If you had to choose between buying either one, which one would it be? I'm planning on using the free test that each offers but I want to buy more and can only afford to buy a couple of GMAT club tests or the MGMAT tests (looks like its 6 for 39.00 I think). Thanks


I don't think this has been asked before. Interesting question :lol:

You can get access to all 6 MGMAT Tests by buying one of their guidebooks (there is a code on the back cover that gives 6 months access).

But the two are not really comparable or at least not exactly the same product. GMAT Club tests are designed to get you to Q50+ as quickly as possible and that's their main purpose. MGMAT is for people at various stages...

You can get access to GMATClub Tests for free if you have 200 posts or 25 Kudos and 100 posts.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 11:01
Thanks, bb! I'm aiming for a high score (Q50 would be awesome), so I guess I will go for the GMAT club tests. I doubt I'll get that many posts in 1.5 weeks though :lol:
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12062
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8174 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 11:06
Expert's post
sk88 wrote:
Thanks, bb! I'm aiming for a high score (Q50 would be awesome), so I guess I will go for the GMAT club tests. I doubt I'll get that many posts in 1.5 weeks though :lol:


Yeah.... probably not 8

Edit: you can get gmatclub tests individually as well - may be a better value for you.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 484
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 18:29
its possible to get 200+ posts in a week... just keep answering questions posted in the verbal and math subforums and you'll likely increase your score too. 25 posts a day...

I really like the MGMAT CATs since they give you a good gauge of where you are and your strengths and weaknesses. However, gmatclub just added 10+ question specific tests that'll help you practice particular areas (e.g. number properties, geometry, combinations...etc).

Before I would've say go for MGMAT but I really think the new tests add tremendous value to gmatclub. If I were you I would start posting :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 18:49
bipolarbear wrote:
its possible to get 200+ posts in a week... just keep answering questions posted in the verbal and math subforums and you'll likely increase your score too. 25 posts a day...

I really like the MGMAT CATs since they give you a good gauge of where you are and your strengths and weaknesses. However, gmatclub just added 10+ question specific tests that'll help you practice particular areas (e.g. number properties, geometry, combinations...etc).

Before I would've say go for MGMAT but I really think the new tests add tremendous value to gmatclub. If I were you I would start posting :-D


wow, really? ha, ok I will try... :lol:
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [1] , given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 19:53
1
This post received
KUDOS
Like bb said, the two resources are very different. I've been converted to the Jeff Sackmann philosophy of studying fewer questions in greater detail, so I'm not a big fan of GC Tests or MGMAT. However, there are people that really like both of them, so they certainly aren't bad resources. If you really had to choose between the two, I'd recommend MGMAT because you're going to need some CATs to supplement GMATPrep. If you're taking the test in less than 2 weeks, the GC tests might be a better choice.

I prefer Jeff Sackmann's Extreme Challenge question set over both of those resources, but it only contains 100 questions. However, the questions are all very GMAT-like and cover every 700+ concept that you'll need to understand for that Q50 score.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be using GC or the Extreme Challenge set if you aren't already getting 46+ in quant.

Good luck and welcome to GMAT Club!
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 20:17
Avernusaur wrote:
Like bb said, the two resources are very different. I've been converted to the Jeff Sackmann philosophy of studying fewer questions in greater detail, so I'm not a big fan of GC Tests or MGMAT. However, there are people that really like both of them, so they certainly aren't bad resources. If you really had to choose between the two, I'd recommend MGMAT because you're going to need some CATs to supplement GMATPrep. If you're taking the test in less than 2 weeks, the GC tests might be a better choice.

I prefer Jeff Sackmann's Extreme Challenge question set over both of those resources, but it only contains 100 questions. However, the questions are all very GMAT-like and cover every 700+ concept that you'll need to understand for that Q50 score.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be using GC or the Extreme Challenge set if you aren't already getting 46+ in quant.

Good luck and welcome to GMAT Club!


Thanks! What is Jeff Sakmann's Extreme Challenge question set? (link?) I'm aiming for 700+ def. I just got a Q47 and a V37 on the GMATprep test #1. I've gotten V41 on other CAT's though (800 score and princeton)
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Posts: 805
Location: New Delhi
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 386 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 21:11
sk88 wrote:
bipolarbear wrote:
its possible to get 200+ posts in a week... just keep answering questions posted in the verbal and math subforums and you'll likely increase your score too. 25 posts a day...

I really like the MGMAT CATs since they give you a good gauge of where you are and your strengths and weaknesses. However, gmatclub just added 10+ question specific tests that'll help you practice particular areas (e.g. number properties, geometry, combinations...etc).

Before I would've say go for MGMAT but I really think the new tests add tremendous value to gmatclub. If I were you I would start posting :-D


wow, really? ha, ok I will try... :lol:


I doubt if the tests would still be available to you, as you need to be 3+ months old member with 200 posts. In your case, you can try getting 25 Kudos and 100+ posts (but that would certainly be difficult in 1.5 weeks.

check out the below link
http://gmatclub.com/blog/free-gmat-test ... b-members/
_________________

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2009, 22:47
sk88 wrote:
Avernusaur wrote:
Like bb said, the two resources are very different. I've been converted to the Jeff Sackmann philosophy of studying fewer questions in greater detail, so I'm not a big fan of GC Tests or MGMAT. However, there are people that really like both of them, so they certainly aren't bad resources. If you really had to choose between the two, I'd recommend MGMAT because you're going to need some CATs to supplement GMATPrep. If you're taking the test in less than 2 weeks, the GC tests might be a better choice.

I prefer Jeff Sackmann's Extreme Challenge question set over both of those resources, but it only contains 100 questions. However, the questions are all very GMAT-like and cover every 700+ concept that you'll need to understand for that Q50 score.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be using GC or the Extreme Challenge set if you aren't already getting 46+ in quant.

Good luck and welcome to GMAT Club!


Thanks! What is Jeff Sakmann's Extreme Challenge question set? (link?) I'm aiming for 700+ def. I just got a Q47 and a V37 on the GMATprep test #1. I've gotten V41 on other CAT's though (800 score and princeton)


The Extreme Challenge set can be purchased here: http://www.gmatproblems.com/

He offers sets for all subjects, but the Extreme Challenge set is a collection of the hardest questions for each subject.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2009, 10:32
Avernusaur wrote:

The Extreme Challenge set can be purchased here: http://www.gmatproblems.com/

He offers sets for all subjects, but the Extreme Challenge set is a collection of the hardest questions for each subject.



Thanks! I'll check it out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 484
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2009, 17:45
oops forgot the 100 day membership requirement. Looks like you shouldn't go that route then... kudos are pretty hard to get on this forum as well.

Yeah, definitely go with what Avernusaur said and get sackmann... gmatclub tests ARE demoralizing. i pretty much stopped after the first 12 after i started consistently doing worse. that's just probably me though. i've heard some good things about sackmann aside from what Avernusaur says, so you should definitely take a look
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Posts: 111
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: Q V0
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 46

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:17
Thanks for the info
Re: If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT?   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2012, 10:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Comparision between MGMAT test and Real GMAT deepak0201 4 01 May 2011, 16:22
2 If you had to choose... ksjhawk 9 27 Dec 2009, 22:36
107 Experts publish their posts in the topic Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests Dilshod 146 23 Jun 2006, 08:10
Display posts from previous: Sort by

If you had to choose between GMAT club tests & MGMAT?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.