Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2013, 20:26
Dear Aspirants,

This 15 month dual degree program between IIM Udaipur and Purdue University is designed to cater to the present industry requirements and equips students to deal with complex supply chains spanning several nations across the globe.

Purdue University Website Link: https://masters.krannert.purdue.edu/pro ... anagement/
IIM Udaipur Website Link: http://www.iimu.ac.in/dual-degree-programme/

Please feel free to post your queries here. We will respond to them as soon as possible.

Regards,

Media and Industry Interaction,
IIM, Udaipur

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V33
GPA: 3.18
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 23:01
H i,

I have gone thorough the brochures and the site for this course and it does sound interesting to me. However I see that the first batch will be passing out this year and we do not have any stats about the placements etc.However I just wanted to know that how good this course would be for a career switcher from IT to SCM ?? Yes I have done my my part in the recent few months which can go a long distance to show my intrest in this domain even though I do not have any relevant (Supply chain) work ex. but this is where I plan to progress in my career.

Your advice/info will go a long way in helping me plan out a lot of other things.

Looking for a positive reply.

Cheers
Heir Apparent
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 06:58
Hi,
Apologies for the delayed response. Following are the answers to your queries:
1. Since it is first batch we don't have placement statistics, but we can share with you internship details of the batch. Companies from various fields showed their interest for this course. Some of the few companies that visited campus for internship are Walmart, Cummins, Cargill, Raymond, Seimens, Hyundai, etc.
2. There are 3-4 students in first batch who have shifted from IT to SCM. There are many IT+SCM roles such as IT companies looking for SCM candidates for service operations and core companies looking for IT+SCM candidates to implement software for their supply chain. These are few examples. But once you dig deep in this field you will realize that SCM is a vast field.
Hope we have answered your queries.
Please feel free to reach out to us, in case you have any other query.

Media and Industry Interaction,
IIM, Udaipur

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 20:29
Hello,

Can we submit the GMAT score later, but apply before? As I have my GMAT after the last day of application.
How is the class profile in terms of GMAT, GPA etc.

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '16, NUS '16
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 19:17
Hi,

I am from merchant navy background(navigating officer) with 5 yrs WE, GMAT score 730, currently working in Shell LNG operations . I have gone through IIMU website and a brochure prepared by current batch. I am interested in this course and looking forward to apply for 2015 batch. Is my profile suitable for this course in SCM ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 19:42
abhinawster wrote:
Hi,

I am from merchant navy background(navigating officer) with 5 yrs WE, GMAT score 730, currently working in Shell LNG operations . I have gone through IIMU website and a brochure prepared by current batch. I am interested in this course and looking forward to apply for 2015 batch. Is my profile suitable for this course in SCM ?

Hey,

With a 730 and 5 years of WE, your profile looks really strong.:!: Your should try for MBA in US. Where did you pass out from Chanakya.? :)

Regards
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '16, NUS '16
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 21:15
Hi aditya,
Yes I am from chanakya indeed, didnt know that the name is even heard of so didnt mention :lol: . I am not sure about MBA from US as I prefer to work in India. Right now i m onboard and have no idea wat i m gonna do :cry:
Thanks nyways :)
Re: IIM Udaipur & Purdue Calling all applicants - Class of 2015   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2013, 21:15