Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 03:44
Makstory7 wrote:
Thanks IMDApplicant.. so we know
1. From batch of 8th March...all 7 were selected. Nationalities are already listed
2. From 23 March: till now 4 are selected out of 6??? Nationalities unknown
3. From 27th March : 2 out of 5 have been selected, other 3 are still unknown..

It appears to me at least 13-14 people have been already selected...wow

Yes but bear in mind that not all of the one offered a seat will accept the offer!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 14:25
Perhaps, an old analysis from 2008 but still an interesting one that shows that IMD has one of the highest yield rates amongst business schools. Top 3 following Harvard and Schulich.

Yield measures how many applicants who received an offer end up going to the program.

http://adam-markus.blogspot.co.uk/2008/ ... ed-by.html
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 14:27
Applicants from Asia, Australia and Latin America, can you please share how well is IMD brand known in your country/region, how big and strong is the network?

Other regions are more than welcome to share their info as well.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 15:17
Am from Canada. IMD is not all that well known.

Btw, applied in Round 2.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 23:03
imdapplicant2012 wrote:
Am from Canada. IMD is not all that well known.

Btw, applied in Round 2.

Thanks imdapplicant2012 and good luck with R2 application!

Also good luck to those remaining groups to go through the interview in R1, both in Lausanne and Singapore.
Current Student
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: IMD '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 00:33
I've returned from the assessment day on April 3rd. There were 7 of us, all male. As for the nationalities - two from France, three from China, one from India and one from Ukraine. Engineering background was prevalent in our group (only one of us was with finance background), many of the fellows had significant int'l experience. Everything went quite good in my opinion, the day was an excellent and pleasant experience, Lisa told us that we should expect the reply not earlier than in two weeks due to the Easter holidays. Let me know if you have any particular questions - I'll be happy to answer them in case I can. :)

PS libraal, thank you for the kind words, and please be informed that IMD brand is not very well known within Ukraine (most of the high-level executives I know about here are associated with another school)
Current Student

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 01:04
For the well known stuff!!! I think it has a lot to do with the alumni network.

Internationally nothing can beat Insead brand in Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia... (only HSW)
But in the US due to a fewer alumni base (compare to the US schools) Insead is not well known (they have even opened a new office there to market their brand).

So this is certainly the worse drawback for IMD but on the other hand IMD has one of the best career services of the world so you don't really need that huge network to secure a good job post-MBA and frankly once you are on the right track and 4-5 years out of school your work experience will carry much more weight than the name of your school.

Thats my 2 cents guys ;)
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS (A), IMD (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 01:30
libraal wrote:
Applicants from Asia, Australia and Latin America, can you please share how well is IMD brand known in your country/region, how big and strong is the network?

Other regions are more than welcome to share their info as well.

Thank you!

Hi libraal,
I contacted quite a few IMD alums in Australia, to clarify the brand recognition specifically in that country . The feedback was consistently that the programme was less known than {HBS/INSEAD/LBS/...} but that none of them had experienced much of a problem when seeking a position in Australia.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 08:25
I had my interview on 30-March and the results were out today. There were four in our group and these are the results for them

Canadian - admitted
Italian working in Belgium = Not sure ( he already had an admit from Harvard)
Georgian working in Turkey = Waitlisted
Indian working in US ( i.e me) = Waitlisted.

I have an admit from Oxford for which I have to pay the first installment by April 26. So will wait till then if I hear anything from IMD.

All the best guys.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 08:32
KIRANR9P wrote:
I had my interview on 30-March and the results were out today. There were four in our group and these are the results for them

Canadian - admitted

I have an admit from Oxford for which I have to pay the first installment by April 26. So will wait till then if I hear anything from IMD.

All the best guys.

Since you have to make a decision very soon, I would let IMD know. There is nothing to lose.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:13
noinpac wrote:
Hi libraal,
I contacted quite a few IMD alums in Australia, to clarify the brand recognition specifically in that country . The feedback was consistently that the programme was less known than {HBS/INSEAD/LBS/...} but that none of them had experienced much of a problem when seeking a position in Australia.

Thanks noinpac!

Are you in Australia or looking to relocate there? What were the occupations and industries the alums you connected with in Australia?

I was analysing LBS employment report from 2011 yesterday to see how many students from different regions got jobs in other regions and here's what I got in terms of students receiving jobs that were not from the region:
31 students got jobs in Europe excl. UK
7 students got jobs in Asia
13 got jobs in US/Canada
4 got jobs in Lat. America
169 students got jobs in the UK

Middle East and Africa and Australia got a negative demographics in a sense that people from those regions preferred to stay elsewhere, resulting in a net negative flow.

With regards to IMD, I know 2 guys got jobs in Korea with Samsung and a couple got jobs in Singapore who were not from there.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:16
KIRANR9P wrote:

Canadian - admitted

All the best guys.

Kiran, hang in there man! I think you may still have a chance - a hard deadline for our group is when the first installment must be paid on 12-April. If someone with your profile decides not to go you may get off the wait list! I know there are a couple of us still weighing up and deciding, so there's a chance.

Now it would not hurt to engage with IMD and let them know that if they accept you you will reject all other offers. Schools are interested in maintaining their yield rates high, so they may decide to go for you in case you give them enough assurances.
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:23
libraal wrote:
Thanks noinpac!

Are you in Australia or looking to relocate there? What were the occupations and industries the alums you connected with in Australia?

I'm looking to relocate there. The people who answered were mostly either in the energy industry or in consulting.

libraal wrote:
I was analysing LBS employment report from 2011 yesterday to see how many students from different regions got jobs in other regions and here's what I got in terms of students receiving jobs that were not from the region:
31 students got jobs in Europe excl. UK
7 students got jobs in Asia
13 got jobs in US/Canada
4 got jobs in Lat. America
169 students got jobs in the UK
(...)

That's exactly the kind of figure I've been looking for about IMD, because I want to see to what extent IMD's geographic relocation statistic is made of non-Swiss people working in Switzerland after IMD. I'd be interested in anybody's views about this.

BTW, libraal, you may want to post this analysis of yours on the LBS thread if you haven't already done so ;) it is most interesting.
Current Student

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:45
Noinpac
I don't have any figures, but after talking with current students and alumnus I don't see much concern about finding a job in switzerland for non-swiss or even non-UE citizens.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:54
libraal wrote:
KIRANR9P wrote:

Canadian - admitted

All the best guys.

Kiran, hang in there man! I think you may still have a chance - a hard deadline for our group is when the first installment must be paid on 12-April. If someone with your profile decides not to go you may get off the wait list! I know there are a couple of us still weighing up and deciding, so there's a chance.

Now it would not hurt to engage with IMD and let them know that if they accept you you will reject all other offers. Schools are interested in maintaining their yield rates high, so they may decide to go for you in case you give them enough assurances.

Thanks librarl. This is really reassuring. When I keep thinking about it, Oxford appeared to be better and better ( considering my decision to either go back to India or US where Oxford brand is very much stronger than IMD, and moreover 30K USD fee less). But after visiting IMD, I liked the place very much and the placement statistics and ranking of of IMD really attracked me. So really feeling ambivalent on the decision. So the waiting continues till Apr 23 and after that I will go with Oxford. I will be writing back to IMD on this too.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:58
noinpac wrote:
That's exactly the kind of figure I've been looking for about IMD, because I want to see to what extent IMD's geographic relocation statistic is made of non-Swiss people working in Switzerland after IMD. I'd be interested in anybody's views about this.

BTW, libraal, you may want to post this analysis of yours on the LBS thread if you haven't already done so ;) it is most interesting.

I think the number of people who stay in Switzerland post IMD is quite high. It may be as high as 30%. A couple of factors, you would earn in Swiss Francs, thus, making it easier to repay the loans + the Swiss economy so far is faring better than others.

Noinpac, would you mind sharing your profile and post-MBA goals?

I'll copy-paste my post into LBS thread.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:02
mazwaz wrote:
Noinpac
I don't have any figures, but after talking with current students and alumnus I don't see much concern about finding a job in switzerland for non-swiss or even non-UE citizens.

Hi mazwaz, my concern is the other way round: I'm wondering to what extent it is easy to relocate geographically after IMD to a country which is neither your home country/last country you worked in and neither Switzerland. In the first, one can expect you still have a decent network; and in the second, IMD has a tremendous reputation. But what about a European guy wanting to relocate to Australia after IMD?
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:04
libraal wrote:
noinpac wrote:

I think the number of people who stay in Switzerland post IMD is quite high. It may be as high as 30%. A couple of factors, you would earn in Swiss Francs, thus, making it easier to repay the loans + the Swiss economy so far is faring better than others.

Noinpac, would you mind sharing your profile and post-MBA goals?

I'll copy-paste my post into LBS thread.

Cheers!

French Telco engineer doing lobbying towards the EU institutions. I'm looking to relocate to Australia, presumably within the Telco / ICT industry.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:05
KIRANR9P wrote:
Thanks librarl. This is really reassuring. When I keep thinking about it, Oxford appeared to be better and better ( considering my decision to either go back to India or US where Oxford brand is very much stronger than IMD, and moreover 30K USD fee less). But after visiting IMD, I liked the place very much and the placement statistics and ranking of of IMD really attracked me. So really feeling ambivalent on the decision. So the waiting continues till Apr 23 and after that I will go with Oxford. I will be writing back to IMD on this too.

Kiran,

you may be interested in my post here:
ranks-and-clusterings-of-various-international-b-schools-78320-80.html#p1067839

I don't want to beat down other schools, but I think Cambridge and Oxford have similar profiles and similar problems.

With regards to the cost aspect, advice I got, if you count in your foregone salary, another couple of grand doesn't break the bank. Plus, IMD is one of the schools that still has the loan facility.
Intern
Intern

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:17
noinpac wrote:
French Telco engineer doing lobbying towards the EU institutions. I'm looking to relocate to Australia, presumably within the Telco / ICT industry.

Thanks! I've not even been to Australia but something attracts me in it, I should go and visit before I relocate, but I'm also in the process of getting my professional qualification assessed and recognized. Spent hours creating an English syllabus for my Eastern European diploma, will be sending it together with my British accountancy qualification to the Australian Professional Body some time this month. In fact I should stop clogging the forums and roll up my sleeves to do it :)

I think whatever you do, it may be easier if you do part of the work yourself, unless you start working for a major multi-national with a presence in Australia and they help you with relocation.

Telco and IT is big in Australia I heard.
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2012, 14:17