Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [2] , given: 16

IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 08:52
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

IMD MBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

OFFICIAL Ask IMD Admissions - Ask questions directly to the adcom, right here on GMAT Club.

IMD Aspirants!
It is now close to 2 weeks when the applications for IMD 2013 batch will open. I thought this would be a good time to start this thread.
Let us share and collaborate.

IMD Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Application Tracker Feed

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add IMD to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List

~
iamgame

Time to play the game...

Last edited by bb on 24 Jan 2013, 11:12, edited 3 times in total.
Updated
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 10:25
iamgame wrote:
(Mods - if there is any specific time/manner this has to be done, please feel free to remove/modify this thread)

IMD Aspirants!
It is now close to 2 weeks when the applications for IMD 2013 batch will open. I thought this would be a good time to start this thread.
Let us share and collaborate.

~
iamgame

Yes time to start the thread. I am applying for round 1. Indian( in US), good international experience. 9 years WE, Project management/business development IT services, 710 GMAT. I attented the IMD sessions in San Francisco two months back and after the session I decided to apply.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 10:53
I have a similar profile - Indian, 9 years Workex, IT Development, Proj Management, IT sales. Yet to take GMAT...I shall be applying in Round 2....Which other schools are you looking at? I see that you have Sloan as one of your choices, have you already applied there?

Time to play the game...

Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 15:15
Appllying for round 1 IMD

Last edited by KIRANR9P on 07 Feb 2012, 09:24, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 16:22
isn't it true that IMD only admits 90 students a year? how can one realistically expect to get admitted into an international school of such reputation?
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 07:40
sanjuro9 wrote:
isn't it true that IMD only admits 90 students a year? how can one realistically expect to get admitted into an international school of such reputation?

I am replying to this assuming this wasnt a rhetorical question. :)
Yes..IMD admits only 90 students each year. IMD focusses a lot on the leadership potential of the candidates. If you can demonstrate that through your apps and the 1 day long assessment interview...you are in...if you see the averages...the class is made up of highly diverese and experienced individuals...
In the end it is all about...how you position yourself via your essays/application..

Time to play the game...

Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT / INSEAD / IIM - ABC

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 7

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2011, 02:06
Applying in R1 with following profile

GMAT-> 660: 48Q / 32V AWA: 5/6
WE (by Jan-2013): 7.5yrs
Area of WE: Research, Consulting & Advisory
Nationality: Indian
Education: Undergrad (Engineering) & Masters (Management from US)
Extra-curricular: Studied and travelled extensibly; Worked as a Martial Arts instructor and worked for an NGO for substantial amount of time
---------------------------------------

I wrote an e-mail a week back to IMD AdCom about assessing my chances but didn't hear from the team till now? IMD Off Rep, can you help?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 12:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hello,
My name is Thibaut, i am French and i am a 2012 MBA candidate. We have just started the year in Lausanne yesterday and already had to pick our choice for the start-up project (presented this morning and deadline by 8pm tonite...) !
I am writing here because last year during the application process, the GMATclub forum had been a wonderful place to share experiences and get some comfort and motivation, especially during the essay writing periods...
I applied for R1 2011 and got accepted in March. You can check my posts from last year.
So if you have any question for a current candidate please shoot.

One advice though. If you are serious about IMD, please apply as early as possible because they look for different profiles and will not have 2 people in the class with the same background i'd say. For example, for our year, Russians have applied a lot and got accepted early so (4 this year i think) so it was nearly impossible to get a spot later on.
We have 48 nationalities out of 90.

Thibaut
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 14:04
IMD2012T wrote:
Hello,
My name is Thibaut, i am French and i am a 2012 MBA candidate. We have just started the year in Lausanne yesterday and already had to pick our choice for the start-up project (presented this morning and deadline by 8pm tonite...) !
I am writing here because last year during the application process, the GMATclub forum had been a wonderful place to share experiences and get some comfort and motivation, especially during the essay writing periods...
I applied for R1 2011 and got accepted in March. You can check my posts from last year.
So if you have any question for a current candidate please shoot.

One advice though. If you are serious about IMD, please apply as early as possible because they look for different profiles and will not have 2 people in the class with the same background i'd say. For example, for our year, Russians have applied a lot and got accepted early so (4 this year i think) so it was nearly impossible to get a spot later on.
We have 48 nationalities out of 90.

Thibaut

Thibaut,
Thanks for coming to this thread! We appreciate your time taken from a very busy schedule in IMD. This school has been my top choice since a long time! I have started this thread specifically to collaborate with fellow aspirants. And now with a current student, I am sure a lot of us will benifit from your experience.

If you dont mind, can you please share your profile with us.

I am an Indian with a IT background with close to 10 years of experience. I come from a very typical pool of applicants and thats what makes it much harder. However, given my interest and vast experience, I hope to submit a strong application.

I also wanted to know about what impact the current economic scenario in europe is having on IMD? Specifically in terms of industry consulting projects that IMD focusses so much on..

Thanks,
Ankur

Time to play the game...

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 03:53
Hi all,

A quick question: From going through the IMD website, it looks like you have to post your transcripts to IMD - i.e. not upload it as part of the application. Have I misunderstood something, or is this the case?

If so, then how far in advance of the deadline would be a safe time to send the transcripts, photos etc?

Thanks...

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, Thanks

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 03:46
Hi all,

Applying for round 1!!!
Actually, I have already submitted my application. Just waiting my recommenders to fill in their form (ahhhh they are so lazyyyy ;) )

My profile: M/32/GMAT 680/8 years WE in manufacturing/Project management/General management / Currently factory manager in central africa / Graduated from an Engineering school in France!!!

I have also applied to INSEAD (R2) and got invited for interview.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 08:18
This post received
KUDOS
Sorry guys, IMD is pressuring us a lot ! It has been a bit crazy since we started. We have lectures or group study mostly doing 8am to midnight even on the weekend (i am at IMD now after having visited our start up this morning). And then we have individual assignments ;-)
So my profile is here :
32/ French / MS Aerospace Eng (Supaero)
Experience in US (2 years in space policy/French Embassy), Thailand and France (7 years in telecommunication with a company I co-funded).
GMAT 750

About the current market situation, it will for sure have an impact on all MBA's but normally it impacts first the consulting and financial sectors and at the end the industry sector (where most IMD MBA would go). Then in Switzerland, the crises has not been very bad so far (but if the exchange rate stays like this it could become).
IMD has a small class of 90 (compared to 1012 at INSEAD this year) so I do not think it is a problem to find a job. The problem is more to know the job you want !

Yes you need to send the real transcript to IMD (or certified copies). They will also do a background check on all your experiences.

hope this help and good luck to those who are writing their essays now. I know it 's tough !

Thibaut
Manager
Manager

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 19:36
Submitted the application. Now the waiting starts ! All the best for everyone applying.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 01:03
For those who are interested in MBA rankings. You can look at our program director's blog about last IMD's ranking in the FT (from 14th to 13th).
http://blogs.imd.ch/mbaprogramdirector/ ... them-.aspx

Thibaut
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 09:55
KIRANR9P wrote:
Submitted the application. Now the waiting starts ! All the best for everyone applying.

Count me in.. 32/m/india.. 7 yrs exp. in infrastructure industry, consulting and PE...700 GMAT..Already dinged by INSEAD and LBS
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 10:19
Hello rajatar

Sorry to hear that you were dinged from LBS and Insead. Why do you think they dinged you ?
Thibaut
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 10:34
Hey rajatar,

Welcome !!! I have interview invites for both Insead and LBS but still IMD is certainly my top choice!

You still have a great shot ;)

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 03:25
Hi Everyone
I have also applied to round 1.
My profile is as follows:
Spanish, 32y, 730 GMAT.
Atypical profile regarding work experience: 2-3y WE at a company (cosmetics/biotech doing business development)
But I have a PhD in Biophysics from MIT in Boston, where I studied and did research for 7 years. That is much harder and a more of a transformational experience that any job, just that the story needs to be communicated properly so AdCom take it as relevant work experience...
My goals are to combine my scientific knowledge with the business and leadership skills to become and entrepreneur in the Bio field.
Thibaut, any people with a similar story in your class?
Thanks
Ramon
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2012, 14:19
ramonsalsas wrote:
Hi Everyone
I have also applied to round 1.
My profile is as follows:
Spanish, 32y, 730 GMAT.
Atypical profile regarding work experience: 2-3y WE at a company (cosmetics/biotech doing business development)
But I have a PhD in Biophysics from MIT in Boston, where I studied and did research for 7 years. That is much harder and a more of a transformational experience that any job, just that the story needs to be communicated properly so AdCom take it as relevant work experience...
My goals are to combine my scientific knowledge with the business and leadership skills to become and entrepreneur in the Bio field.
Thibaut, any people with a similar story in your class?
Thanks
Ramon

Hi Ramon. Your profile is indeed atypical and may catch the curiosity of IMD. 2-3 year WE is normally not enough for IMD. But if you can demonstrate maturity and business mindset I think they may give you a shot. Research can be considered WE in my view but focus on the business impact of your research. We have at least one student from MIT in our class this year. You seem to have impressive academic records. Now focus on showing that you have leadership potential and a business mindset in your interviews.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 2.5
WE: Investment Banking (Telecommunications)

Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 08:07
why is someone already invited to interview? IMD says it takes 3-6 weeks to review the applications.
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2012, 08:07