Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD '18 HSG '19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Over the winter holiday, when I had a lot of time and was extremely bored, I came up with the fascinating idea to maybe go for my MBA. I have been reading a bit through the forums about the application process. I will look at the application after I have done my GMAT. I basically purchased the official guide on boxing day and borrowed a friends veritas prep books. I know I wont be applying for R2. I am aiming for R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Happy new year !

Congratulations on your decision ! However I would recommend the following before you decide to pursue an MBA:

1. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? What do you want to get out of it?

2. What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to work? What industry? If you want to go into consulting you are better off going to INSEAD. If you want to go into finance and work in London, you are better off choosing LBS.

3. Have you checked the prerequisites of the schools you want to apply? You can send your CV for a quick profile check to the Adcom and they will recommend whther you should apply ro not

Good luck studying ! I also recommend Magoosh on top of GMAT OG.

Sergiu

javksy wrote:
Over the winter holiday, when I had a lot of time and was extremely bored, I came up with the fascinating idea to maybe go for my MBA. I have been reading a bit through the forums about the application process. I will look at the application after I have done my GMAT. I basically purchased the official guide on boxing day and borrowed a friends veritas prep books. I know I wont be applying for R2. I am aiming for R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the feedback. During the decision making process I did think of q 1 and 2 and hence came up with the MBA plan.

During my research, I also found INSEAD to be the school for consulting and LBS for Finance. Those are two sectors that did interest me in the past but now I am leaning more towards the industry side. I really observe and understand how things are made and can be made better.

I have checked the prereqs for the schools. I will send Adcom and email shortly. I think first this is get the GMAT done and over with.

How is your application process? Why did you choose IMD over Insead? What sector do you want to shift to after MBA?

SergX wrote:
Happy new year !

Congratulations on your decision ! However I would recommend the following before you decide to pursue an MBA:

2. What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to work? What industry? If you want to go into consulting you are better off going to INSEAD. If you want to go into finance and work in London, you are better off choosing LBS.

3. Have you checked the prerequisites of the schools you want to apply? You can send your CV for a quick profile check to the Adcom and they will recommend whther you should apply ro not

Sergiu

javksy wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Leaving all fluff aside, I chose IMD and St. Gallen because I would like to work in Switzerland / Europe after.

I am also interested in these two schools because they are industry geared and so I am. I spend most of my career working on large engineering projects, be it constructions or design, installations.

Yeah, just get the GMAT out of the way.

javksy wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. During the decision making process I did think of q 1 and 2 and hence came up with the MBA plan.

During my research, I also found INSEAD to be the school for consulting and LBS for Finance. Those are two sectors that did interest me in the past but now I am leaning more towards the industry side. I really observe and understand how things are made and can be made better.

I have checked the prereqs for the schools. I will send Adcom and email shortly. I think first this is get the GMAT done and over with.

How is your application process? Why did you choose IMD over Insead? What sector do you want to shift to after MBA?

SergX wrote:
Happy new year !

Sergiu

javksy wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When do you plan to write you GMAT? I started my preps about a week ago and it requires more hours than I had anticipated. I may take two weeks off work just to cram for the GMAT.

I did look at magoosh but I prefer books and pdf docs simply because I can read and review those on the go. Let me know if you find magoosh helpful. I will start my application process shortly, I have not even looked at that process.

Which part of the world are you currently from? I am open to work in any part of the world as long as its something I enjoy doing. In my 8 years of experience, I have come across all sorts of people and the one and most important thing I have learned is to not follow the dreams of others...but rather work to create your own dream.....

PM me your email and maybe we can connect and assist each other with the application process in the near future.....even some tips for the conquering the GMAT.

Good luck with all your studying and applications.

[quote="SergX"]Leaving all fluff aside, I chose IMD and St. Gallen because I would like to work in Switzerland / Europe after.

I am also interested in these two schools because they are industry geared and so I am. I spend most of my career working on large engineering projects, be it constructions or design, installations.

Yeah, just get the GMAT out of the way.

[quote="javksy"]Thank you for the feedback. During the decision making process I did think of q 1 and 2 and hence came up with the MBA plan.

[quote="SergX"]Happy new year !

Sergiu
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
SergX wrote:
mpcroaming wrote:
I have started lining up references but will start on my essays and application in January for R1.

Did you do your GMAT already?

I have half my application already drafted up. It's pretty long.

I just have to do the GMAT. I don't think I will make it for R1 :(

Can you confirm if this essay question is part of the form - "Describe a situation where your personal values were challenged - 500 words" ??

I saw this when i was filling the form but none of the websites mention this question as part of IMD's form.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is a new essay question. There were only 3 essays until not too long ago but they just added this one.

I emailed IMD Adcom about it and asked questions. They basically left it open ended. They want to see how you react to the question :)

sg2911 wrote:
SergX wrote:
mpcroaming wrote:
I have started lining up references but will start on my essays and application in January for R1.

Did you do your GMAT already?

I have half my application already drafted up. It's pretty long.

I just have to do the GMAT. I don't think I will make it for R1 :(

Can you confirm if this essay question is part of the form - "Describe a situation where your personal values were challenged - 500 words" ??

I saw this when i was filling the form but none of the websites mention this question as part of IMD's form.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi I am intending to apply in R2 for the Jan 2017 intake. I have taken a GRE instead of GMAT. Got 170 in Quant and 155 in Verbal. Worked for 8 years in banking in India and have a short international stint as well. Very concerned about the skew in my scores. Any feedback/advice/guidance would be welcome.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Just submitted R1 application
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
For IMD, you better write something for all the essays/questions.

In the form, there were a couple of questions for which it was written as “Your responses to these questions will not be taken into consideration in the admissions process.”. So I didn’t fill those. 2 days after submitting the form, I got a mail to write an answer to the below question

"What other programs are you considering? Of the programs you are considering, what can IMD bring to you as a differentiator?"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone got an interview invite for R1 ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, many.
Few have been selected after completing the 1-day interview process.
You are checking the wrong thread
Intern
Intern
Send PM
endysng wrote:
Yes, many.

Sorry which is the correct thread ! A little lost here !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
spinoza wrote:
endysng wrote:
Yes, many.

Sorry which is the correct thread ! A little lost here !

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-imd-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-200897.html?fl=similar
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just got a call today and invited to Lausanne for assessment day on July 1st

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Same here [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Envoyé de mon SM-G906S en utilisant Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
good luck!

The correct thread for this year admission is here:
calling-all-imd-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-200897.html

Originally posted by vibis on 09 Jun 2016, 09:36.
Last edited by Narenn on 14 Jun 2016, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Topic is Locked. Pls post your questions in official discussion for 2016-17. http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-imd-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-200897.html
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts