Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 07 Feb 2016, 17:10
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IMD Application: 2017 Intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 15
Schools: IMD '19, HSG '19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2015, 01:08
Hi all,

Has anyone started their 2017 IMD MBA application?

SG
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2015
Posts: 11
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

CAT Tests
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2015, 12:23
I have started lining up references but will start on my essays and application in January for R1.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 15
Schools: IMD '19, HSG '19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2015, 07:55
mpcroaming wrote:
I have started lining up references but will start on my essays and application in January for R1.



Did you do your GMAT already?

I have half my application already drafted up. It's pretty long.

I just have to do the GMAT. I don't think I will make it for R1 :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2016, 16:48
Over the winter holiday, when I had a lot of time and was extremely bored, I came up with the fascinating idea to maybe go for my MBA. I have been reading a bit through the forums about the application process. I will look at the application after I have done my GMAT. I basically purchased the official guide on boxing day and borrowed a friends veritas prep books. I know I wont be applying for R2. I am aiming for R2.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 15
Schools: IMD '19, HSG '19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2016, 01:24
Happy new year !

Congratulations on your decision ! However I would recommend the following before you decide to pursue an MBA:

1. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? What do you want to get out of it?

2. What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to work? What industry? If you want to go into consulting you are better off going to INSEAD. If you want to go into finance and work in London, you are better off choosing LBS.

3. Have you checked the prerequisites of the schools you want to apply? You can send your CV for a quick profile check to the Adcom and they will recommend whther you should apply ro not

Good luck studying ! I also recommend Magoosh on top of GMAT OG.

Sergiu


javksy wrote:
Over the winter holiday, when I had a lot of time and was extremely bored, I came up with the fascinating idea to maybe go for my MBA. I have been reading a bit through the forums about the application process. I will look at the application after I have done my GMAT. I basically purchased the official guide on boxing day and borrowed a friends veritas prep books. I know I wont be applying for R2. I am aiming for R2.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2016, 17:38
Thank you for the feedback. During the decision making process I did think of q 1 and 2 and hence came up with the MBA plan.

During my research, I also found INSEAD to be the school for consulting and LBS for Finance. Those are two sectors that did interest me in the past but now I am leaning more towards the industry side. I really observe and understand how things are made and can be made better.

I have checked the prereqs for the schools. I will send Adcom and email shortly. I think first this is get the GMAT done and over with.

How is your application process? Why did you choose IMD over Insead? What sector do you want to shift to after MBA?

SergX wrote:
Happy new year !

Congratulations on your decision ! However I would recommend the following before you decide to pursue an MBA:

1. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? What do you want to get out of it?

2. What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to work? What industry? If you want to go into consulting you are better off going to INSEAD. If you want to go into finance and work in London, you are better off choosing LBS.

3. Have you checked the prerequisites of the schools you want to apply? You can send your CV for a quick profile check to the Adcom and they will recommend whther you should apply ro not

Good luck studying ! I also recommend Magoosh on top of GMAT OG.

Sergiu


javksy wrote:
Over the winter holiday, when I had a lot of time and was extremely bored, I came up with the fascinating idea to maybe go for my MBA. I have been reading a bit through the forums about the application process. I will look at the application after I have done my GMAT. I basically purchased the official guide on boxing day and borrowed a friends veritas prep books. I know I wont be applying for R2. I am aiming for R2.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 15
Schools: IMD '19, HSG '19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2016, 04:35
Leaving all fluff aside, I chose IMD and St. Gallen because I would like to work in Switzerland / Europe after.

I am also interested in these two schools because they are industry geared and so I am. I spend most of my career working on large engineering projects, be it constructions or design, installations.

Yeah, just get the GMAT out of the way.

javksy wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. During the decision making process I did think of q 1 and 2 and hence came up with the MBA plan.

During my research, I also found INSEAD to be the school for consulting and LBS for Finance. Those are two sectors that did interest me in the past but now I am leaning more towards the industry side. I really observe and understand how things are made and can be made better.

I have checked the prereqs for the schools. I will send Adcom and email shortly. I think first this is get the GMAT done and over with.

How is your application process? Why did you choose IMD over Insead? What sector do you want to shift to after MBA?

SergX wrote:
Happy new year !

Congratulations on your decision ! However I would recommend the following before you decide to pursue an MBA:

1. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? What do you want to get out of it?

2. What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to work? What industry? If you want to go into consulting you are better off going to INSEAD. If you want to go into finance and work in London, you are better off choosing LBS.

3. Have you checked the prerequisites of the schools you want to apply? You can send your CV for a quick profile check to the Adcom and they will recommend whther you should apply ro not

Good luck studying ! I also recommend Magoosh on top of GMAT OG.

Sergiu


javksy wrote:
Over the winter holiday, when I had a lot of time and was extremely bored, I came up with the fascinating idea to maybe go for my MBA. I have been reading a bit through the forums about the application process. I will look at the application after I have done my GMAT. I basically purchased the official guide on boxing day and borrowed a friends veritas prep books. I know I wont be applying for R2. I am aiming for R2.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2016, 12:24
When do you plan to write you GMAT? I started my preps about a week ago and it requires more hours than I had anticipated. I may take two weeks off work just to cram for the GMAT.

I did look at magoosh but I prefer books and pdf docs simply because I can read and review those on the go. Let me know if you find magoosh helpful. I will start my application process shortly, I have not even looked at that process.

Which part of the world are you currently from? I am open to work in any part of the world as long as its something I enjoy doing. In my 8 years of experience, I have come across all sorts of people and the one and most important thing I have learned is to not follow the dreams of others...but rather work to create your own dream.....

PM me your email and maybe we can connect and assist each other with the application process in the near future.....even some tips for the conquering the GMAT.

Good luck with all your studying and applications.


[quote="SergX"]Leaving all fluff aside, I chose IMD and St. Gallen because I would like to work in Switzerland / Europe after.

I am also interested in these two schools because they are industry geared and so I am. I spend most of my career working on large engineering projects, be it constructions or design, installations.

Yeah, just get the GMAT out of the way.

[quote="javksy"]Thank you for the feedback. During the decision making process I did think of q 1 and 2 and hence came up with the MBA plan.

During my research, I also found INSEAD to be the school for consulting and LBS for Finance. Those are two sectors that did interest me in the past but now I am leaning more towards the industry side. I really observe and understand how things are made and can be made better.

I have checked the prereqs for the schools. I will send Adcom and email shortly. I think first this is get the GMAT done and over with.

How is your application process? Why did you choose IMD over Insead? What sector do you want to shift to after MBA?

[quote="SergX"]Happy new year !

Congratulations on your decision ! However I would recommend the following before you decide to pursue an MBA:

1. Why do you want to pursue an MBA? What do you want to get out of it?

2. What do you want to do after your MBA? Where do you want to work? What industry? If you want to go into consulting you are better off going to INSEAD. If you want to go into finance and work in London, you are better off choosing LBS.

3. Have you checked the prerequisites of the schools you want to apply? You can send your CV for a quick profile check to the Adcom and they will recommend whther you should apply ro not

Good luck studying ! I also recommend Magoosh on top of GMAT OG.

Sergiu
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 10
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2016, 03:44
SergX wrote:
mpcroaming wrote:
I have started lining up references but will start on my essays and application in January for R1.



Did you do your GMAT already?

I have half my application already drafted up. It's pretty long.

I just have to do the GMAT. I don't think I will make it for R1 :(


Can you confirm if this essay question is part of the form - "Describe a situation where your personal values were challenged - 500 words" ??

I saw this when i was filling the form but none of the websites mention this question as part of IMD's form.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 15
Schools: IMD '19, HSG '19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2016, 23:22
This is a new essay question. There were only 3 essays until not too long ago but they just added this one.

I emailed IMD Adcom about it and asked questions. They basically left it open ended. They want to see how you react to the question :)

sg2911 wrote:
SergX wrote:
mpcroaming wrote:
I have started lining up references but will start on my essays and application in January for R1.



Did you do your GMAT already?

I have half my application already drafted up. It's pretty long.

I just have to do the GMAT. I don't think I will make it for R1 :(


Can you confirm if this essay question is part of the form - "Describe a situation where your personal values were challenged - 500 words" ??

I saw this when i was filling the form but none of the websites mention this question as part of IMD's form.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2016, 06:58
Hi I am intending to apply in R2 for the Jan 2017 intake. I have taken a GRE instead of GMAT. Got 170 in Quant and 155 in Verbal. Worked for 8 years in banking in India and have a short international stint as well. Very concerned about the skew in my scores. Any feedback/advice/guidance would be welcome.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 10
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:14
Just submitted R1 application
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2015
Posts: 21
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Top 10 in overall
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2016, 18:19
For IMD, you better write something for all the essays/questions.

In the form, there were a couple of questions for which it was written as “Your responses to these questions will not be taken into consideration in the admissions process.”. So I didn’t fill those. 2 days after submitting the form, I got a mail to write an answer to the below question

"What other programs are you considering? Of the programs you are considering, what can IMD bring to you as a differentiator?"
Re: IMD Application: 2017 Intake   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2016, 18:19
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all IMD Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! Narenn 52 30 Jun 2015, 00:34
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all IMD EMBA Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 Narenn 0 25 Sep 2014, 08:31
IMD Round 5 - Jan 2015 Intake saurabhpandey 1 21 Sep 2014, 14:31
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all IMD Applicants (2015 Intake) Narenn 3 11 Aug 2014, 01:24
10 Any IMD Applicants for 2011 bhatiagp 222 02 Feb 2010, 02:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

IMD Application: 2017 Intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.